Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

26/03/2023

Weekending

 The verb 'weekending', to weekend, to do - so we did.

visiting... 

Knitter's Paradise  with Youngest and his lovely girl. 
The shop was in an old converted soap mill near Cullingworth - a treasure trove - will certainly return.

tempted...
there was a lot of squishing and holding of hanks of yarn and bundles of wool - 
the temptation was impossible to fight off.
purchasing ....
coming away with delicious rich russets, burgundys and chocolate browns to add to the growing Woodland Ripple blanket and a couple of pieces of woven fabric from the mill - I have plans!
Walking ...

Somewhere new, Manor Heath Garden Park, Halifax. 
Met up with Eldest and his lovely girl, had a picnic lunch and a dog walk. 
Baking...
Scones for Himself - with plant based milk and butter and topped with jam and coconut yoghurt - absolutely delicious. Becoming dairy intolerant post covid has been a bit of a trial but we are getting there.
Remembering...
Being sent a rediscovered photograph of a much loved and much missed little feline monkey.
I still 'see' her in the garden when I am working out there.
Crocheting ...
Adding the new yarns into the mix - the Woodland Ripple is growing - slowly but surely.
So - that was my weekend. Hope you had a good weekend too xxx

16 comments:

  1. I am knitting a jumper with the yarn on the right of your picture.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you say you are knitting with the yarn in the photo - did you get it from Knitters Paradise? If so - isn't it a lovely (and very well stocked) wool shop!

      Delete
  2. I love the colours of the blanket but no prizes for guessing which is my favourite photo - your little monkey looks beautiful, I'm sure you will always miss her x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I know you like those shades, a lot of folk do and even though they are not my first choice in colours, I am enjoying making the blanket - hope the recipient loves it too :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh, the mill shop sounds great & those daffodils look gorgeous as do the scones. Good to see the ripple rug coming along nicely & wondering what the fabric is going to become. Thanks for the catchup & photos Kate. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely mill shop - definitely going to go back, the woodland ripple is looking quite substantial now - big enough to cover a single bed but as it is destined as a double bed blanket - I have quite a way to go still x

      Delete
  4. Oooo, temptation!!!!

    Nice scones too 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely temptation - certainly going back and those scones were delish!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful photo of your little feline monkey. I can hardly bear to look back at old blog posts and see our boys.
    That soap factory wool shop sounds like a real treat and those scones look delicious - even at this time in the morning. Loving the colours in your blanket. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you with the heart ache looking at images and old blog posts - they leave such a large hole don't they x
      Those scones were very good, certainly going to use the coconut yoghurt as a dollop of cream substitute again.

      Delete
  7. Ah, the Knitters Paradise. I've been there many times. We used to call in and go to the cafe but it did not re-open after the pandemic forced its closure. Is it still closed? Missing your precious friend, so sad. I miss Mickey and he moved to a new home 25 years (or more?). x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cafe may still be closed as there was no visible access to it. I had a look on the website and they don't mention it in the slightest - shame really as cafe's are good money spinners however, there was only two staff members in the building - one upstairs and one downstairs and may be they just don't have enough staff to cope with a cafe as well

      Delete
  8. Those scones look and sound delicious. I quite like coconut yogurt. Loving your ripple blanket. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely try the yoghurt - think it was called 'Ko-Ko' and we found it in Sainsburys

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good weekend for weekending. Hope your weekending is going well Kate. The weekends are at their best when the weekending is in full flow. Please don't let the weekend get away with you though before first doing a bit of weekending ;) Lulu xXx (oh, sweet little feline monkey)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.