Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

05/06/2014

Knitting notes


Not that I managed much knitting whilst on the hills, doing most of it in the car to and from our walk, I still try and take it out with me. Even if I can only manage a few stitches, I like to think that the surroundings are picked up by the wool and woven into the pattern.

I like to look at something I have made and know that memories of hills and blue skies or the scent and sounds of the sea have been incorporated into the making.

Sitting sipping at a hillside mug of tea, taking in the view and k1, LT, k6, RT, kl seems to make a walk  all that more special, all that more magic.


5 comments:

  1. I've never ventured further than my garden with my knitting. I think it's great that you can knit here and there.
    I'm going to try knitting in the car on a long journey. (Obviously when I'm a passenger!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good recipe to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my days! I do that too! I think the things I make, take piece of the place into it's being! Mental, I know. But I do the exact same thing, look at stuff I've made years later, and recall where it came with me in it's making and what I did while it was made. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hat looking good. I love the way memories flood back when I look at my knitting. Even if it is days later, I can remember what TV programme I was watching when I last picked up my knitting. (I knit watching TV to keep me awake!!)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy knitting, happy memories, happy Hawthorn; thank you for sharing yourself so beautifully Hawthorn!
    Love, Joyxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published