Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

21/07/2021

July highlights

 



July - although not finished - has been a very full and busy month. Warm days with wall to wall blue skies and the occasional torrential thunderstorms. Work fills our time and we look forward to our weekends away in the van.




Work has been full on with the kitchen garden now producing things to harvest and the cutting garden suddenly in full flower. I absolutely love picking the flowers for the Saturday kitchen garden market. Last week it was armfuls of sweetpeas, daisies, astible, cornflowers, calendula, lavender, helichrysum, cosmos, fennel and grass heads.






We were lucky enough to share a lovely birthday weekend with Youngest's girlfriend, we spent the Sunday in Lancaster and the pair of them took us on a city walk - 7 miles later we'd seen so much. The Lancaster canal was obviously Moss' favourite part and we indulged her inner Labrador as she plunged in the cool clear waters.


Having the van has opened a whole new type of freedom for us and we still revel in the delight of brewing a fresh coffee or tea and drinking it as we take in the view. Apart from working and weekends, I have read, gardened, baked, stitched, played with clay. We've walked the dog and ourselves for miles and miles. I've summer pruned orchards and sown hundreds (and hundreds) of seeds, really excited to see them popping up.

So - here is to the rest of July, may summer linger a little longer, the nights be full of stars and the sunsets being fiery and fabulous.


13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post!!!! Loved the bright jars of flowers lined up & all the market stall bits. Must be lovely to be able to do & go places in sunshine & warmth. Moss certainly loves the water & your photos were pure joy first thing in the morning. Thanks, take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan - we, despite all the restrictions being lifted - are still keeping away from the crowds. We are very lucky that we can find places where we can walk Moss or stop for a brew.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos Kate, and so many beautiful flowers. I love the first and last shots and the one of Moss among the greenery, but then what's not to love about Moss?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eunice - Moss is rather photogenic and I am guilty of snapping photo after photo of her - I share only a few of here on my blog otherwise it would be wall to wall dog!

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures again sharing all your adventures in the great outdoors. Thank you. I love the dog loo (no bags)idea, My favourite picture is the orange toned water reflections but couldn't work out how you had done it. Just then Youngest arrived and showed me how it was done. Very clever. May there be many more weekend jollies out this summer. 🧡 🦴🦴 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx The sunset on the water was just glorious and the reflections were too good not to take photos. I am hoping for more weekend jollies (as is Moss!) too :)

      Delete
  4. It all sounds and looks quite perfect. We've managed to avoid the thunder storms so far this year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've missed the storms too - although had rumbling thunder all around us - quite dramatic but no rain :)

      Delete
  5. Moss must have some sea-dog genes! I know sea-dogs are mythical but what if... She hugs the limelight unobtrusively and so photogenic. Glorious images! I think I need to look again! I particularly like the snapshot of Moss waiting for the ball :-) Enjoy your weekend. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos Kate and some lovely flowers from the cutting garden. Love seeing your posts about your van adventures … must have been especially lovely in this glorious weather. We are also continuing to be cautious until we see how the lifting of lockdown goes 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been lovely getting out - feels quite precious after the last 16 months or so x

      Delete
  7. What a lovely summary. So many great photos but I am particularly drawn towards the refection of the grassy plant in the water with the 'orange' background. So peaceful. Of course Moss would be my second choice. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.