Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

03/02/2016

Sweet, sweet Kitty, my heart♥ belongs to you

We loe going to Dumfries and Galloway in southern Scotland for our holidays. It somehow has missed the hurly burly of modern life and breathes a different more gentle air. We have been lucky enough to have had some amazing times there, not spectacular for the shopping or the night life (although I suspect is we looked we'd find some) but the wide open skies, the salty tang to the air, the tussocky grass, the wild sea cliffs. the blue blue horizon and Kitty's Tea Rooms.

Where cakes have luscious names like 'Lady Chatterley's Lver' and 'Sophie's Sin' and the tea is served in vintage china and upcycled silver teapots. 
The waitresses wear almost Victorian style dresses and are charming as they bring scrumptious calorie laden morsels. We try to go at least once a year - it takes that long to recover from the epicurean delights! 
The cafe itself is a visual delight, reputedly decorated by shipwrights for a retired sea captain, with the ceiling displaying a variety of parque designs. Vintage tunes play quietly in the background while the display cabinets groan under the weight of ribbed glass storage jars filled with coffees and tea and a chiller is filled with such a selection of delights that it is often difficult to choose which one to have. 
Each table adorned with crisp broderie anglaise linen is beautifully laid out, complete with china bowls filled with sugar cubes and silver tongs. 
What's not to LVE about this little place?

I think it is time to plan another visit ... bring on the summer holidays - I need a little calorific loading (in the nicest possible way!)

Thank you for your loely harty comments - and if you have any harty pictures and stories - why don't you send them to me and I'll feature them here!

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tea room!!! Sounds wonderful. Love the heart too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful tea shop and the heart on the tablecloth is gorgeous, as are those scrummy looking treats. Do you really need nightlife and shopping when nature and teashops knock together. Nah!!!!!!!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing tea shop! That cake looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a proper tea time!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous tablecloth, it lends itself so beautifully to your heartathon theme (not to mention how delicious the cakes look!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the nightlife and have more cake! It sounds an idyllic tearoom. Pity we never visit that area....

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super tablecloth and such pretty china, what a fabulous place to stop for refreshements

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, the cakes look delish. Would *heart* to try Lady Chatterley's Lover (you know what I mean!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I saw were the cakes, then saw a tablecloth mentioned in previous comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness! Beautiful cakes. Looks like a wonderful place. Hope you are well! Best, Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.