Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

11/09/2016

In which I waffle about felt, feet, baking and friends

Remember these?
After they'd sat around a little while,  I thought it would be prudent to add some felt 'feet' to their bases so they wouldn't scratch the table surface.
Snip-snip-glue bosh! Job done.

Then, inspired both by my mini success and by my friend -Angela, who is crafting wonderful goodies for her daughter while she gets ready for uni, I did this ...
 
Eldest found a simple slip of sea-washed wood whilst we were on holiday and decreed it to be used as a mug mat and he'd take with him to uni.
He dried it off and used it daily until it mysteriously disappeared ... I may have been responsible  ...

I am the first to admit I am not very adept with hand sewing but managed to do a wobbly outline of the Outer  Hebrides,  dated it 2016 and glued a small star indicating the spot (Balranald Bay) where the driftwood was found.
When the drift wood mat 'reappeared' in time for the next tea break he was initially a little flummoxed at it's added base, however when I explained what I'd done, he seemed genuinely touched.

I do have a plan for something else he can take with him while he is in halls of residence.  Just need to get started!

In the meantime, I must get baking - I've got visitors tomorrow  - it promises to be a bloggy-filled afternoon as Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting, Jak from Jak's Tales , hopefully Lovely Lady from Threads through my Life and I are getting together and will no doubt  there will be an awful lot of nattering and nibbling :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mug mat, hope Uni preparations are going well and that you all have a fabulous time this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea and well executed unlike my map!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slate artwork is lovely. I can say if you get the offer to natter and nibble at Hawthorn's house, do accept! I did and had a very relaxing afternoon; now I just need to walk miles (kilometres!) to work off all those extra calories; I can recommend the scones and lemon shortbread biscuits.... thanks Hawthorn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Threads through my life's comments on the scones and shortbread biscuits. It was a lovely afternoon, meeting bloggy friends from the other side of the world. Your crafty work is looking really good. Love the mug stand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly was a GREAT afternoon and I still can't believe it actually happened. Loved the shortbread bikkies. A "HUGE" thank you to all for making the day memorable & hopefully meet again at Yarndale. Great craft & loved seeing the feathers and your beautiful paintings. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.