Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

21/07/2020

...the adventure continues

Day 1 (still really day 2) Saturday  part 2

...our micro-adventure continues .... After a soggy start, we left the Coldstone Cut and trundled off through the quieter lanes, following the hills and valleys while all the time heading up towards Wensleydale. Along our route, the only 'we have to stop there' place was Gouthwaite Reservoir, Nidderdale.






We stopped at the reservoir parking, a small but lovingly kept green space with seating and hedging. Across the road was a equally well maintained viewing platform where like minded folk were peaceably keeping distances and whispering happy bird watching whispers. We joined them and through our spotter telescope watched Canada and Greylag geese, Mallard, Black headed gulls, Cormorants, Lapwing and Oystercatchers, Coots, Buzzards, Crows and Starlings.

Moss sat patiently between my feet watching the folk watching the birds.

We reluctantly dragged ourselves back to Zeb, had coffee and cake on the grassy embankment in the most glorious sun while Moss played up and down the sunny slope.


The last drop of coffee drained and all the cake crumbs flicked off ourselves, we settled back in the van and left Nidderdale passing through a beautiful landscape .... onward to our next mini adventure! 

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful place to stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, we'd like to go back and linger a little longer, do some walking etc x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog.
    I enjoyed your blog post.
    It’s good to visit a different part of the country and see what’s on offer !
    Sal 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it is good to explore even if only via blogs, although I did do my driving test in Newton Abbot (what feels like a gazillion years ago) so do remember it with a mix of fondness and trepidation!

      Delete
  3. Isn’t is absolutely beyond lovely to park up and have views like that outside the van door?

    ( I have clothes envy, do I spy a pair of Zimbabalooba trews ?? )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I so do agree - that wonderful feeling of sitting 'in the view' and hugging a mug of what ever takes your fancy.
      As for clothes envy - no they are not however Zimbabalooba, I shall send you the link where I bought mine - they are brilliant for walking - easy to wear/wash dry quickly, don't stick to your legs if you get wet and are both cool and warm (oxymoron type thoughts here) when walking :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you got away. We've got a trip to Chester coming up....literally clearing our son's uni house, sleep over and turn round to come straight home the next morning. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I feel for you, we did that for our youngest when the uni closed suddenly leading up to lockdown - we literally just turned the room inside out and squashed it in the car, we are lucky that we were close enough not to need to have the sleep over.

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see where you went. Thanks.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Gouthwaite is a very peaceful & serene setting for a warming cuppa & cake. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a lovely place, would like to go back and do some serious walking some time

      Delete
  7. I love unplanned routes and mini-adventures and it's lovely to hear about yours. It always gives me extra pleasure to see a happy Moss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - it felt doubly 'adventurous' post lockdown and potentially future restrictions :)

      Delete
  8. Names unknown to me...not been to Yorkshire as yet...but it is definitely England. That particular English green! As a Spanish friend said to me when we were on holiday in Devon "there is green everywhere...I feel saturated in green" he meant it as a compliment. The scene looking down on the reservoir reminds me of scenes that I saw in the Beatrix Potter film about her life...or very similar. Definitely a place to breath in!! Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that res, parking place and viewing point! We were only saying the other day we ought to go there, mainly to see if the Bantam cockerel is there;he has been on our previous visits and likes to eat biscuit crumbs! I am really enjoying you micro adventure; I hope there is Part 3 to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a wonderful view from your van. I think I have been to Nidderdale once a long long time ago, I do remember it being a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures and views. Love the way you are just bumbling along, stopping anywhere; the advantages of having a van with all mod cons. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.