Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

07/07/2020

Topping up on the blue notes

I'd written a post, waffled a bit, closed it down. Picked it up a day or two later, added a bit, re-read it and closed it down, then yesterday I tried again and decided against it - it was self indulgent meanderings of no particular interest apart from marking the fact that half the year has gone as has the glorious weather .... so I shelved it completely in preference to a more cheery note on yesterday's walk.

I do have some things I want to show and share but as they are gifts - they will have to wait until the recipients have seen them first :D

Yesterday, after lots of indoor stuff 
due to the rain being so ... well.... WET! 
(sewing/baking and the dreaded tidying) 
Finally by 3pm
the clouds suddenly relented and let in the sun and the sky - 
 Moss and I just grabbed the moment 
(as well as a lead, some dog-poo-bags, sanitiser, mask and camera) 
and yomped out. 
I am not sure who enjoyed it more - she or I. 

 Despite the days and days of rain we seem to have endured,
the rivers - although full - were not raging.
They were a perfect 'come and play with me' depth for Moss,
and she heeded their call. 
Her inner otter and her alter-Labrador-guise both came to the fore
and she swam and played and loved every minute. 

 I personally preferred the meadows and the flowers
which have appeared in their masses since the rain.
The air, slightly humid, was filled with a determined buzzing hum
as the bees made the most of the dry afternoon. 
It was such an amazing feeling being back out, 
I just filled my eyes with the blue sky and blue flowers and my lungs with warm air. 
And Moss? well, she filled her whole body with full-on-fun :D


Now, I must stop waffling, I have to set off soon for my volunteering stint at the community shop. A small price to pay - two hours - to help keep this amazing little gem open, so if you'll excuse me I'll be off.  Oops, mustn't forget my mask :) 

7 comments:

  1. Looks like someone is having fun in the water!

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Community shop looks lovely and how great to have a library there too. All our nearby libraries are still closed and I'm missing them sorely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That water is the perfect come and play depth for Lily as well :)
    A beautiful walk out and those clouds looks amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see Moss having a good time. I'm sure you had a good time too. I particularly liked the photo of her behind the blue flowers, geraniums I believe. But where are the blue skies now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So long!!! 10 months long!! I hadn't really planned to be away from blogland for so long.....life got in the way..tch! Still...hey ho...I'm here again :-) At present I am offering a Fresh Start Giveaway on my blog to all bloggers worldwide....I had promised myself I would do another giveaway when lockdown finished here in Spain and it has. These photos are so refreshing just what I need in this torrid heat. I love the one where Moss is running towards you. Long cool grass and I bet that river is lovely and cold!! So nice! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone was enjoying her walk as usual!! Best picture was of Moss posing behind the blue geraniums. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.