Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

08/11/2014

Tiz the season (not quite yet) to be jolly

Wovember inspired posting.

Saturday snapshot - knitting in the car on a wet and wild day.


The festive knitted bauble is progressing, I have to admit to frogging my first attempt during knit and natter this week, something to do with chatting and drinking tea rather than concentrating *sheepish smile*

Talking of knit and natter, a couple of weeks ago, Eldest took some photos for me of 'what was on the needles'. Thought you'd might like to see what we get up to :)

Owly jumper - no pattern needed! A was knitting it from a design her daughter drew. It is now completed and A is knitting a hat to match.
L is making gossamer light scarves for festive gifts - I think the plan is to add a row of beads either end to help weigh the scarf down slightly.

My mom is turning unloved jumpers into cat blankets. She patiently knits, crochets or crafts one a week for a local cat rescue who, when the cat is rehomed, 'their' blanket goes with them to their new family and as a consequence, the cat rescue constantly needs replacement cuddly cat blankets - and my mom comes up with goods :)

 M crafts traditional stylish knits then when almost complete - frogs them back with a shrug and a laugh and makes something else :)
M has an eye for vibrant colours and was knitting a gorgeous scarf. She had painstakingly threaded on cerise beads through out the scarf and now that it is finished - it is a beautiful item.
GG seems to have a blanket on the go constantly - not the same one, but a different one every week. We always ooh and aah over her creations and she seems to turn out such gloriously neat and beautiful blankies :)  (I don't envy her though weaving all those ends in!)

And cake, there is always cake....... nom nom nom. I think I can see a fairisle pattern in there......

I enjoy our little group, us girls, we laugh, we talk, we share news and cake. Now that can't be bad :)

Do you go to a knit and natter group?
What is on your needles or hook right now?

Have a lovely weekend and keep on knitting/weaving/crochet (and eating cake...) and celebrating wool for what it is :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx hawthorn

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for a reminder of the recent KnK night; great cake! Glad to see your bauble is coming along nicely; I hope no more frogging is on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that bauble is going to be gorgeous! I love the colours - they remind me of blue and white china :) Your knit and natter group looks really friendly and cosy, and all the projects are so different. How lovely to get together and be creative with like-minded people :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I don't have a knitting group, though I tell myself I will look for one. At least we are probably done moving (aside from buying a house locally), so I can finally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice to see what others are making. I have 4 things on the go at the moment which for me is a bit much. I don't know which one to pick up and get on with first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    A lovely group, so nice to chat and craft and EAT cake-it did look scrummy. I meet my friend on Friday nights for crochet and chat but we do have a glass or two, well Friday nights have different rules ha ha.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post ! nice to knit with some friends .... thanks for sharing and your bauble seems to be gorgeous ! have a lovely sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, that bauble is going to be so pretty! I love what your mum is doing for the cats too - it combines two of my favourite things: crafts and cats :) <3 Elisabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to join a knitting/crochet group. Yours look friendly and you're all making lovely things. I really love that owl jumper--and it's all based on a drawing! Wow! So talented! And how wonderful to be able to meet up, knit, crochet and enjoy tea and cake together.
    Hope you're having a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the knitted piece at the top of your post the white and blue colors go so well together. The owl is so cute too! great work :)

    Lisa
    Needles and Wool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kind reaction on my blog. I didn't know yours before, but I love it: the knitted makes (especially the owl!) and actually: I love England so I've enjoyed to see all those lovely pictures you've showed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.