Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

15/06/2015

Bird brained! #30DaysWild Day 15

Our walk today was planned around a geo-caching trail, so armed with grid references, cameras and a packed lunch we set off into a sharp breeze and into the hills. It was a good walk :)







As we went along we watched out for and 'collected' all the birds we saw and wrote them down. 
29 birds species later we were amazed how many we spotted!
  1. Wren
  2. Robin
  3. Mallard
  4. Barnacle Geese
  5. Swallows
  6. Swifts
  7. Magpie
  8. Crows
  9. Ravens
  10. Buzzard
  11. Sparrows
  12. Herring Gull
  13. Black Headed Gull
  14. Curlew
  15. Kestrel
  16. Wood pigeons
  17. Feral pigeons
  18. Dunnock
  19. Moor-hen
  20. Chaffinch
  21. Bull Finch
  22. Oyster Catchers
  23. Herons
  24. Blue Tits
  25. Great Tits
  26. Blackbird
  27. Pied Wagtail
  28. Pheasant
  29. Skylark

Did I tell you it was a good walk?! Well it was!

#30DaysWild Days - you can do it too.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm not sure I could identify all those birds. I was very excited recently when I saw a buzzard though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a terrific number of birds. How wonderful. Hope the geo-caching went well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impressive list of birds; sounds like you almost ran out of paper! Love the cygnets, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.