Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

20/12/2019

Five on Friday


Morning fellow 'Fivers', a cool and dark morning out there today - a good day to think on things that have made me smile this last week.

Cracker jokes - not something I would normally think of as being particularly amusing or satisfying. At most they are groan-makers. But this one ... this one made me smile and has continued to do so on and off all week. So much so, I have actually kept the slip of paper in my cellphone cover to remind me of a lovely evening with Himself's extended family last weekend.

Sharing a love of street art - Eldest and I spent a lovely few hours in Hebden Bridge this week, fettling in the bookshops, the charity (op) shops and hunting down the street art. We found new pieces of wall adorned work - both modern and previously unnoticed older creativity. I will do a post on them some time.

The reaction of a recipient to a hand made gift - positively priceless xx

Fudge - the sweet sinful moment when eating a small block of home made fudge - bliss.

Walking - I have mentioned before that walking is both pleasure and torment, my saviour and my nemesis. A delight as well as a chore - but I am truly grateful for the simple act of being able to walk regularly as well as the positive affect it has had on my life. Try it - it works xx

This is the last Five on Friday - Gratitude for 2019. If you have enjoyed reading them or joining in and want them to continue next year - just give a shout out :)

Have a lovely weekend and if you are posting your Five - just follow the link and add your post.
**
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. Good cracker joke! Oooh fudge, not sure I've ever made some and had best not start to make any! I agree with the benefits of walking, just this month I've done very little! I'm game for more Five on Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I remember home made fudge. Years and years and years ago, though. Not supposed to eat chocolate. -sigh- But... Overall health is more important. -smile- But I do remember it!

    "Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
    'Cause no matter how far away you roam
    When you pine for the sunshine of a friendly gaze
    For the holidays you can't beat home sweet home!"

    ♬ 🎶 ♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fabulous things to be grateful for especially the fudge that is my favourite although I have never tried to make myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, a thoughtful and lovely five.
    The best for me in your final - walking - not doing nearly enough here at present.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.