Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

02/03/2020

Where does time go?

Sshh..... can you hear that?

No, me neither..... no howling wind, no tree tapped window, no clattering of sleet or rain or hail on the glass, not tick tack of bouncing leaves down the back street.

It is still, calm, and apart from the usual morning village sounds .... quiet.

And breathe.


Thank you my fellow photo hunters, a lovely selection of stories and pictures as ever, there is a new list so get your thinking caps on and camera ready :)

.•:¨¨:•..•::•.♥.•:¨¨*:•. .•:¨¨:•..•::•.♥.•:¨¨*:•.

Today ... 22 years ago ... I was in a hospital bed wondering what the hell to do next. I had (at that particular moment) a (finally) sleeping baby in a different ward and was surrounded by various other woman at some stage of shock or recovery all having had given birth sometime over the previous 24 hours.

I was probably the oldest in the ward yet not old. The girl next to me was already 'up and at 'em' and packing to leave.... having only had her fourth (yes you read correctly) three hours before and had to get home so her husband could get off to work......... she looked about 20, lean and tanned in a pale grey fashion track suit. Quick slap of lippy and she was gone, looking as if she'd just had a large dinner rather than just given birth.

Me? I felt like I had gone through the mangle and had landed in a heap on the floor.

But that was a long time ago - one of those lengths of time that goes like a flash yet feels like a previous life time - how does that work?

Fast forward to today - that baby is now 22, a beautiful young man with a wonderful girlfriend.

Makes all the nappies, the teething dribbles, the baby burps, the milk spews, the sleepless nights, the grazed knees, the belly aches, the homework, the continuously grown out of school trousers, the constant dislike of tomatoes all fade into ....... a gentle stained glass window of memories.

Happy birthday my dear Eldest - may today be the start of an amazing year of adventures for you (and your girl)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday dear boy, and congratulations to both of you 🎂 🥳 🎁

    I cannot help thinking of an exchange in Big Bang Theory when they're talking about Leonard's birthday and he says one of the reasons he never had a birthday party was because his mother pointed out that it was the day when SHE did all the work, not him . . . 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it, our two will be 22 in April. It's just flown by and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Happy Birthday to your dear son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your storms have stopped and you are safe. Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartwarming post; thanks. How time flies.... I've noted the words for March (thanks). Not sure I can work any wet/windy weather ones into the list - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son!! Indeed they grow fast. Wish him many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your son,
    Yes where do the years go........? My eldest will be 39 at the end of the month!

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{big hug}} from one mum to another and Happy Birthday to your young man
    My baby boy will be 35 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Eldest grandson. Yes, how time flies. Such happy memories of the little Sprog. He has indeed grown into a wonderful young man. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautifully quiet. I can hear birdsong once more :)
    Belated Birthday wishes to your eldest. They grow so quickly. X

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.