Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

17/02/2014

Hebden Bridge 1 - On the road.









  • A bleak and winding road over wet and wild moors.
  • For the first time in a long time - there were no stock on the road, they were all in the valleys sheltering against the icy rain and wind.
  • Leaden sky reflected by the leaden reservoir.
  • Cobbled narrow streets, we carefully drove through Heptonstall's tiny highway. Filled with hardly altered history.
  • Hebden Bridge coming into view through winter thin trees and flashing by stone walls.


Half term and a request by the boys - please can we spend the day over in West Yorkshire. One I am happy to promise.


6 comments:

  1. love Hebden Bridge but half term isn't until next week for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics Hawthorn, even with the weather so bad - I love seeing these parts of the 'old country', thank you so much. Enjoy the break with your boys! Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos I really love the one in the car mirror very clever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I need another holiday in Yorkshire, it's well overdue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first shot of the high moor. Such beauty in that bleak vista :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how well I know this way to HB, one of my favourite places.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published