- A bleak and winding road over wet and wild moors.
- For the first time in a long time - there were no stock on the road, they were all in the valleys sheltering against the icy rain and wind.
- Leaden sky reflected by the leaden reservoir.
- Cobbled narrow streets, we carefully drove through Heptonstall's tiny highway. Filled with hardly altered history.
- Hebden Bridge coming into view through winter thin trees and flashing by stone walls.
Half term and a request by the boys - please can we spend the day over in West Yorkshire. One I am happy to promise.