Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

24/06/2017

All that glitters.... #30DaysWild day 24

Walking through an overgrown sunken lane on a hot summer's day,
there was just the occasional flash of the sky
between the low hanging hedgerow trees.

The heat of the sun filtered,
making the lane a cool green sanctuary.

We were not the only ones sheltering from the glare.
 A female Broad-Bodied Chaser Dragonfly was quietly resting in the damp grass.
 Her extraordinary black gold livery with shiny chocolate brown eyes 
made her glow against the shades of green and shadow of the lane.
She was staggeringly beautiful.





Stu Harley Jul 2013
the 
transparent wings of
the 
copper dragonfly
fades
into
another mirror 
through the sky
above
the
copper mine

#30DaysWild - what beauty have you seen today?

6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. It's a shame but I rarely see dragon flies. Perhaps we need to make a pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab picture, I love dragonflys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragonflies are rare and beautiful.

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ever did you manage totake those photos...your breath must have been held in with the wonder of it all. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your camera takes beautiful pictures. This is another breathtaking one. She is so delicately beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Kate. Such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.