Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

06/12/2020

That s'no storm!

 Wow! What a wonderful response to Friday's link up - Decorations - I am delighted so many festive folk joined in ! thank you so much :) and if you are wondering what on earth I am talking about have a look HERE - there are 12 lovely blogs to have a look at all sharing their favourite decoration stories - really worth visiting :D

If you remember, a couple of months ago our village adapted the usual Halloween shenanigans so to make social distancing possible while still allowing the mini monsters to be out and about all dressed up and excited. It was soon followed (you may recall me grinding my back teeth) by 'Spot the Poppie's'. It seems that the village as a whole rather like having a reason to 'play' and dress their homes ... so now we have 'Follow the Tinsel Trail' with a theme of snowflakes.


Cue lots of snipping and cutting and in some cases cussing when snipping too close and 'altering' the desired shape!


There was such a flurry of little snipperty bits, despite trying to keep them under control.


It is such a long time since I make paper snowflakes, I remember doing them with the boys whilst they were still at junior school - they are a wonderful mix of frustration and fun - that anticipation when I unfolded them was something I'd forgotten (and enjoyed!)

The silvery lines and streaks behind the paper snowflakes is the light on the wet rowan tree in the garden and the eagle-eyed of you will spot where I over enthusiastically snipped the snowflakes - oops. 


Well they kept me relatively quiet (bar the cussing) 
and certainly entertained for a little while on Sunday evening. 

A gentle reminder that this Friday will be our second Chrimbly count down and the festive theme is Baking - here is to some yummy posts - hope you can join in with the fun :D

16 comments:

  1. Oh, brilliant & I can't see one faulty snowflake, so not sure what you can see. I've not done them for years & years either. Thanks for the gentle reminder of crafting these. Take care, stay safe and huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - go on! make some melt proof snow flakes :)

      Delete
  2. they look lovely -it's a great idea to have a village connecting in that way. I can't see any mis snips either - you're being hard on yourself. I keep hoping that no-one can see the dust in my house when they come in either lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - me too ! you could write a novel in my dust!! Yes, this year the village (which is quite used to getting together for events) has really stepped up and become even more connected :)

      Delete
  3. They are lovely. Something I've never done. The shooting star is my favourite one. I agree, the decorations posts were a delight to read. Roll on Friday. Guess what I did today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do recommend a good snipping and making of snow flakes - they are remarkably pleasing (despite some cussing) to do :)

      Delete
  4. They're beautiful. We're going to be making some ourselves this week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - I hope you will share Lily and your creativity :)

      Delete
  5. Oh that was always a fun thing to do when I was teaching a year two class. The windows were always decked out with snowflakes. Thanks for the memory :) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the last time I did it was when the boys were still little, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed doing them :D

      Delete
  6. What a lovely idea - and whilst I did not comment at the time, I was so impressed with your Halloween "cobweb" that you seemingly crochet-ed in no time at all.

    As the Christmas light switch on in town was cancelled, someone had the idea in our village of as many houses as possible decorating their outsides by the end of November. Last I heard over 130 houses had signed up (including us). Some of the displays would be Blackpool to shame 😃🎅🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that idea of the festive lights - some folk here too would put Blackpool to shame hahaha :)xx

      Delete
  7. Love the snowflakes. Could you give us a brief lesson in making them sometime as I've completely forgotten how to do that sort of thing???

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.