Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

10/01/2017

Who cares if it is grey outside? Inside is full of colour!

Hello!
Now I am not one for singing (only in my head where, accompanied by full orchestration complete with choir and conductor, I am sing spectacularly in tune....) but today I am struck by this little song ....


 ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬The weather outside is frightful... but the fire is so delightful.... ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Inside, surrounded by two cats - both snoring, a dog on my feet (which is making them so toasty and warm), a son (I think he is doing coursework but... who knows, he keeps sniggering at his screen so I suspect a slight deviation has occurred) while I am busy with my creative mojo juices working overtime.

Over the weekend there was a slight break in the weather, it was still very grey and wet but we managed to get out and do a decent walk. I love it when the walk is a little distance away as it gives me the most delicious guilt free crochet or knitting time.  (Did you notice the 'wonderful' grey stuff through the car window?)
Although outside was particularly driech it did not matter in the coz in the car it was full of colour, happy sounds of chatter and music and crochet of course!
I am yet to get photos of my snuggle rug that show the true colours, hmmmm, never mind, trust me when I say as the blanket grows - the happier it makes me :)  When I started it, I was a little put off by my initial colour choices, but now I am loving how it is turning out!  

♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Now before I forget....During the month of Fbruary, I do my annual 'Heartthon' for the first 14 days leading up to Valentine's Dy.   I won't be hosting the scavenger hunt during February as  I am kept busy with posting a daily hert themed photo and a story and you are more than welcome to get involved. I have already had a couple of you lovely bloggers asking to join :)

If you are not sure what I am talking about - have a look here and here and see what you think!

But until then my lovely bloggers don't forget there is still time to join in our Scavenger photo hunt. If you are new to this I shall explain.

A list of ten words or prompts are given at the beginning of the month and you, armed with your camera take photos inspired by the words.  These images can be recently taken or something from your archives, all you need to do is post the photos with a little story for each one and then link your name on this blog. We can then all hop over to read and share photos and stories!  Sounds good doesn't it?  To see some posts have a look here and here (the second link gives additional links to some of the photo-hunters who joined in).

This month's list can be found on the right hand side of my blog 'January's Words 2017'. There is still time to join in and don't worry if you don't manage to complete the full list - I would still love it if you participated!

We ran the photo hunt for several months last year and it was a wonderful way to meet new folk and read new blogs - so don't be shy, join in - it will be fun!(◠‿◠)

Happy Tuesday to you all 
Scavenger photo-hunt BIG REVEAL for AUGUST is...

7 comments:

  1. I know that song! It is great. The blanket is coming along and it looks so colourful (and therefore happy). Yes it has been very grey of late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the weather soon clears, although I love the cooler type, it is miserable when it is grey for so long. Good crafting days and I love your rug & although can't see it in the flesh, the colours still look good to me. I'm looking forward to the "heart hunt" for February & have actually found quite a few just around the house. Didn't think I was a heart type person(giggle). Keep warm & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is looking really beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also sing to the same orchestra.....in my head and always in tune. Snuggle rug coming on nicely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course. That is true colors are sign of life and if these are added in life then life can be joyful. Coursework writing services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow is forecast! The blanket is gorgeous and the ideal project for keeping your lap warm as you work on it! I must dig my blanket wips out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.