Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

09/10/2014

Estuary

I am in love with my latest project. The Estuary shawl by Tincanknits.

It can not be rushed so the act of slow knitting helps quieten my busy mind.

I have to check and count and watch each stitch as I go along.
As it grows,  I can see the rivulets and runnels forming. Swirls and rindles in the mud as the sea retreats.

And if I try really hard, can even smell that salty tang that lingers at the estuary's edge.
                       
:)              

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours, can't wait to see it finished. I'm practising some 'mindful' knitting too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks very pretty - love the design and colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Where do you find the time? I don't work and struggle to find serious craft time! I too can see the estuary in it. What a lovely way of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely colours & what a lovely place to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky me! I have actually seen it and it is better than the gorgeous photos. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf is beautiful and the scenery quite familiar. You commented once on my blog ages ago and I couldn't remember when or your blog name, but just found it again. I'll pop in from time to time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a beautiful knit, as well as the stunning backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern. Both are simply lovely.

    I'd love to have you link up at my Yarn Fanatic Party. http://philwife.blogspot.com/2014/10/yarn-fanatic-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.