Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

30/05/2022

gentle moments

There is something rather touching, rather precious, when you wander into the garden and the cat runs down (ok ok waddles*) with us as we walk together through the burgeoning foliage to the summerhouse.
The door creaks and needs quite a hefty hoik to open but when it does - warm air floods out and the air fills with the scent of a warm wooden building mingling with a hint of incense.
We all have our 'own' seats, Himself and I flumpf down on the settee - a gift from a neighbour - it is squidgy and soft and very comfortable. The cat choses one of her (many) favourite sunny spots and proceeds to melt herself in the welcome sunlight .......... and the dog throws herself on the floor and proceeds to wiggle under the table.  No we don't know why either.
The summerhouse had initially been bought to be my art studio and it was for three years, then the angst of being an self (un)employed artist got too much and I rejoined the workforce - not for white or blue collar but green collar! (yes it is a term) 
The summerhouse was reduced to a storage of reminders of a disappointed dream until I had a major clear-out - sold as much of the artwork as I could, donated what was wanted, threw the rest away. 
It is now a lovely place where we sit out/in the garden, as I have planted right up to the windows and if you sit quietly enough, birds land an arm's reach away to forage without noticing. The cat loves that, she sits and cackles with her whiskers rattling away. Fortunately she is unable to tear herself off the seat and usually gives the birds a good telling off then flops back to continue the serious activity of sunbathing.
Mean while the dog continues to disappear under the table....toes twitching as she dreams dog dreams.
Sometimes (but lets be honest) not that often - the summerhouse can be rather too warm, so doors are thrown open wide and the rattan blinds lowered to filter the sunlight - that appears to be an invite to bumblebees to rumble in, and they do, requiring gentle herding to get them back out so they don't constantly bump and buzz their heads on the glass as they try to take a short cut to the flowers.

And, usually clutching mugs of tea and a couple of dog and cat treats, we spend happy and gentle moments emersed in the garden - I love it.

22 comments:

  1. Love your first photo. It must be great to sit out there, in amongst nature. Today it's cooler (again) but it might still be warm in the summerhouse. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - it makes for a wonderful escape after work 😊and if it is a bit cool - we have rugs for knees on the chairs x

      Delete
  2. very well done to clear out the summer house! it sounds and looks like the perfekt spot to unwind..... for humans and animals. love the shots of your cute cat <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you x It is a lovely place to unwind indeed 😊😸

      Delete
  3. Sounds a lovely way to spend some time to relax and let time slip by with your human & pet family. Pity you don't paint anymore as you are so talented. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost my painting mojo about three years ago - just prior to the lockdown - it's not come back but I am creative in other ways and happier for it :) xx

      Delete
  4. We love it too, it is always so welcoming. As for Moss, maybe she can dream better in a darkened place or perhaps she is just being Moss!! Idiot dog!!! Love the pictures of Pan melting in the sunlight. Can just imagine the muttering when she sees the birds. 🦴🧡😺🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pepper used to be a bit more cackerly when she saw the birds, sitting up and twitching her tail, but then it never went any further, Pan does the flickering whiskers and barely moves - especially if warm and sunny - she just can not be bothered!

      Delete
  5. The summerhouse looks like a comfy cozy place to relax. Believe I'd like to sit there and soak up the sun and knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy - it is a lovely place to escape too, I have knitted there (and crocheted) and it is very pleasant :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Alison from Wales here,
    Love this post - moments like these are so simple yet so precious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison from Wales :) thank you xx they are precious indeed

      Delete
  7. I love your summerhouse and those sleepy animals basking in the sun. Don't tell me where you live or I might pop over and steal that adorable cat of yours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pics of Moss under the table made me smile and Pan looks adorable but my favourite pic has to be the first one, it looks so colourful there. I think if that was my cosy summerhouse surrounded by such pretty flowers you would never get me out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blissful. I miss watching little dog paws twitching. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idyllic place to while away the hours. How wonderful to have a "summer" house. I would be happy to have a screened patio! 😀 Enjoy your summer. Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your summerhouse looks idyllic. A lovely spot to while away a few minutes (or hours). I can't wait for some warmer weather so we can start to enjoy our outside space again. It seems very sporadic at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely welcoming space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a wonderful space to spend time in together - repurposed to become an angst-free zone for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful snoozy pictures :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s. t'was I that just left an anonymous comment (blogger won't let me log in :0 ) Lulu x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.