Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

15/02/2023

Midweek walking

There is a lot to be said for midweek walking. While the year is too early in the growing season to start up my round of private gardens, I have the delicious (if poorly paid!) delight of two days a week spending time with these two....

The bog trotter who delights in finding every.single.muddy.path.or.pool.or.trench and then sampling the contents by jumping in..... Happy little dog......๐Ÿ™„
And the husband. 
He and the dog outwalk me every time, but years ago I learnt to slow down and walk at a pace which was good for me. Himself calls it 'cat-walking' when I stop and stare, take photos, breathe the air and just be - me.
This particular walk took us up and over Hare Lane (although not a single hare was spotted - the air was a bit too raw and I suspect all the hares were hunkering down out of the breeze) then down into the neighbouring village where we sat and nibbled on super rich and super sweet valentine's day fudge. Both of us wishing we'd brought a flask of tea to dilute the fudge but still savouring the wicked sweetness of the chunks.

Then after nearly three hours of walking while being blustered about by the wind, we returned home. The kettle went on (we were still in need for that mug of tea) and we sat, feeling battered by the weather, quietly recovering.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post - they do mean a lot! And, my parting shot for this post is a photo of the info board I put out at work when the gate is open to invite folk in to visit the garden .... we are definitely in a Fool's Spring - I'm just waiting for the Second Winter to land with a mighty bang!




18 comments:

  1. The crochet work is growing nicely!
    I like the seasons board...good description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crochet work is growing beautifully.
    I like the seasonal guide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That noticeboard is brilliant...and so true!
    I'm loving the colours of your crochet and Moss's cheeky face always makes my heart melt! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      She does have such an expressive face xx

      Delete
  4. The board made me chuckle. I believe our second winter is expected to arrive next week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to make you chuckle - looking at tonight's weather report - second winter is on its way!

      Delete
  5. Love the real weather descriptions.
    Those huge stones - with holes in are amazing. Especially living here where we have nothing bigger than small flints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) - we are surrounded by lots of millstone grit - a very large dark and chunky stone and all the walls and gate posts tend to be made of it. Rather imposing!

      Delete
  6. Ah yes, the four-footed bog trotter.

    I had one of those and "every.single.muddy.path.or.pool.or.trench" was referred to as "A drink you can sit in".

    Love your garden 'calendar' noticeboard, I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect - as humans who do not 'sample' muddy puddles or sit in them (deliberately) we may be missing out on an added element to a walk..... hmmmmmm I shall ask Moss next time she is awake (at mo she is so fast asleep her tongue has fallen out and is as dry a shoe leather...!)

      Delete
  7. A wonderful way to spend the day with your 2 besties, even if one is muddy and the other patiently waiting for you. Glad you stop and take the photos, which are the exact opposite to what we are expecting here today, which will be temps hovering just below 40dg C. Love that sign. Weather has certainly been up & down here too. Have a great weekend, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful way indeed :) Your weather a 'tad' warmer than ours! Don't melt๐Ÿฅต

      Delete
  8. Would you really like a dog that did not like mud??? It's what dogs do best, I think! The notice is hilarious and I suspect winter will return (sigh). I want to feel warm...... Your ripple colours are lovely and it's good to see it growing. How big will it be? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our previous dog was not keen on water or mud! The blanket is for a double bed, so eventually rather large!

      Delete
  9. Late again. Loved your post and as always there is something to make me smile! Love the notice board and dear smiley Moss as usual stealing the scene. The colours in your blanket are lovely..๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฆด๐Ÿฆด. The bones are for Moss - guaranteed non fattening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I love that fools spring chalk board! :) :) :) Lovely crocheting. Hoping you (the cat meanderer), the converted speed walker and the Bog Trotter are keeping well xXx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.