Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

12/02/2023

Recipe for Saturday

 Ingredients:

Take a day with a welcome addition of gentle of sunlight

One over enthusiastic mud attracting dog
One patient husband who will carry said tired dog up an almost vertical stile, 
then back down the other side 
so she does not have to jump down to the very much lower field 
Add generous piles of crunchy leaves strewn through the woodlands
Top up with generous amounts of water - almost any variety will do
Randomly insert drovers tracks, farm lanes, bridle paths and byways
Spice up with a flask of steaming hot curried lentil soup and hunks of bread
Sweeten with a surprise clump of delicate snowdrops in the middle of the moors
Mix well and serve with copious amounts of chilly air, 
long distanced views and empty horizons - simmer for nearly 7 miles.                   
Optional extras:
bring along crochet for a little 'in car entertainment'

Have in generous helpings and repeat as often as you can. 

It does wonders for your soul πŸ’š

18 comments:

  1. That's a great recipe Kate, and I love Moss's face in the photo with the flask of soup :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you also follow a similar 'recipe' - it does wonders for the head! (and the dogs πŸ™‚) Moss was waiting for her dog biscuits as I took the picture hence the 'worried' ears as she thought I'd forgotten her!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely day - all my favorite things, dog, crochet, soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go far wrong with ingredients like those πŸ™‚

      Delete
  3. Perfect. My soul needs this right now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Sending you' the ingredients so that you too can make this recipe xxxx

      Delete
  4. Awww.............yes please! So long to see the moors again. Do I spy a certain beanie on Himself's head that you did? Well done to him for lifting a heavy dog over dry stone wall. Love the photos and captions. & the pretty ripple rug. THANK YOU! Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is one I have knitted for him, he lives in it all winter :) Think I need to make him a new one, my knitting/crochet/mending basket is overflowing at the momentπŸ‘€

      Delete
  5. WintersEndRambler13 February 2023 at 20:50

    Oh my...yes please...bottled! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like an absolutely perfect day out to me. The crochet looks stunning - love those colours on a grey February day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day :), the crochet is going to be a blanket, not my colours but a gift for some one who does love those shades :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful! When we are out walking mud seems to find me.... Beloved always feels the need to point this out to me so we don't need a dog! However I draw the line at jumping into puddles. streams etc. In my recipe I'd have to modify the 7 miles to about 2! Loving the colours in your latest ripple WIP. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before the dog - mud seemed to find the boys, but now they have grown up, mud has settled happily with Moss! The ripple blanket is a gift in those colours for the recipient - as you know, those are not my shades but they do get lots of interest :D

      Delete
    2. Lucky recipent. X

      Delete
  8. WintersEndRambler15 February 2023 at 08:30

    Oh how I never tire of seeing the delight on your doggies' face...it's wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.