Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

31/01/2023

True story

 Sitting in the front of the van after a really satisfying walk up in the Dales with Himself and Youngest.


Have your glasses with you? (me asking Himself)

Yeah

Can I quickly borrow them (mine are in the back)

Hang on....(rustling around in his pockets until he locates them and hands them over) ... here

I'll just clean them first (using my scarf to wipe the lenses)

Why?

As a treat for them

What?

And so that I can see through them

I just lick them .... (cue a silly grin)

*😶
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
You can really go off someone....

You only realised that after 30 years? (followed by a satisfied blokey chuckle)



Thank you Youngest for this excellent photo

Remind me never to leave my glasses out of reach.....

16 comments:

  1. WintersEndRambler31 January 2023 at 20:03

    Just say achoo...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops...................have specs on hand...eh? OK, that top photo is needed for one of our TV's weather girls'!!!!!! Love the one of Moss under the bending tree. Thanks Kate, you've made me chuckle this morning. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a chuckle - that was the aim haha, the weather stone is one of my favourite idiosyncrasies you see around the rural or coastal areas - it makes me smile every time :)

      Delete
  3. Well it shows initiative I guess.....!! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous photo of Moss. She fits perfectly with that curve. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my Youngest took a brilliant shot, glad he let me use it for today's post

      Delete
  5. Just finished writing a blog post at 1.30am and this has given me a good giggle before I go to bed :-) I love the photo of Moss under the bent tree, it's a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckle - glad to provide a giggle, I loved that photo of Moss too :)

      Delete
  6. Moss is the star of this post; Himself is not (licking lenses clean...... - horrid)! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moss is always the star.... the husband - meh, depends on his mood hahaha

      Delete
  7. Men and glasses?! Pirate asks me to clean the fingermarks off his..and won't use a proper hard case! Wonders why they break when sat on!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself has really wonky specs - also from being sat on!

      Delete
  8. Giggles! I started to say sounds like my Hubs but then I remembered he's the one who cleans his glasses with soap and water and a soft brush and then dries them really well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.