Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

17/01/2023

Tuesday spotlights🤍🤍


The tips of my fingers are still cool as is the end of my nose. The two digestive biscuits and mug of tea tasted amazing once we'd returned from our afternoon walk but are now long gone. The snow and ice that covered the ground first thing this morning (when my car thermometer registered -4.5℃) had begun to melt creating a green and white marble patterning on the grass.🤍💚

Our village has several prominent hills surrounding it and they were all still flecked white and draped in misty layers beneath the dark and heavy skies. Despite that, the sun managed to find chinks in the clouds and fill our walk with warmth and light.💛🤎

Himself, Youngest, Moss and I did our local 'dog-loop' which is our go to short walk when weather permits. 🧡❤️

I am sure - almost 99% sure - that I have spotted our first Highland Coo calf but the mum was a large and hairy barrier and all I could see were little legs beneath her tum. No lambs yet - far too cold to give birth outside and the ewes that are out in the fields are still 'mums-with-tums'!

It is dark now, Moss has been fed and is gently snoring while she dreams dog dreams, Himself is in the kitchen baking an apple crumble as I type here. After a rather long morning of completing on-line mandatory training - it is little precious moments like these that make my day.💙💜

Hope you have had some of those today too (and I don't mean the mandatory training!!)

13 comments:

  1. It was a balmy -6°C when I dragged Jon out of bed to walk down to the swimming baths this morning, I wasn't popular!
    Your sky looks rather ominous, a snow laden sky if ever there was one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief -6°C!! and there I was shivering at -4.5℃!!

      Delete
  2. That is one of the good things about living with a dog..walk incentive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to say 'not now' when she sits in front of you and gives 'the look'!

      Delete
  3. My what a beautiful sky...absolutely stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the contrast between dark and light, cloud and sky was beautiful indeed!

      Delete
  4. I hope the soon-to-be new lambs stay put for a while, it's far too cold to be born outside. I was walking round a bitterly cold Manchester today - the things I do to get info for my blog! - but the temperature must have gone up a notch since then as we now have a light covering of snow. Mr precious moment was this afternoon, cuddling up with the cat to watch a quick bit of daytime tv :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can not beat a bit of cat cuddling!❤️

      Delete
  5. We've had similar sorts of temperatures here in the south too. It was an amazing sunset yesterday when I drove home. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunset yesterday was gorgeous here too 😊

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a pleasant day even if very cold. Glad you got in a lovely walk & seems quite a few of my northern bloggers have talked of snow in their last posts. Cooler here than our 37deg on Tuesday, which is a relief. Love seeing your snaps & hearing about your days. Thanks, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognise most of that walk! I too have looked towards the fields with the Highland cattle in it but I could not see a calf but I was a long way away! Now the icy weather has gone, I can get out for more walks. Keep walking for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pictures. I trust the Apple Crumble was scrumptious :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.