Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

17/02/2022

Moments and snapshots

The radio is on filling the room with sound, while Moss sleeps on the carpet in front of the woodburner. She looks so relaxed and the tip of her tongue is sticking out .... 

The air is gently fragranced by a wonderfully vintage rose scented candle. The flickering light makes the walls appear to waft and shift as they change colour by the glow of the flame. 

Himself's gift of roses and lilies still look beautiful and are a daily reminder how lucky I am.

•,¸,.•´`•.,••,¸,.•´`•.,••,¸,.•´`•.,•

This morning I had the pleasure of creating a large spring inspired floral display for an upcoming private event at work. Although not complete - I will be adding snowdrops and ivy tomorrow - I was quietly pleased how it turned out.
A 'nest' of catkins, damp moss, straw and birch twigs surround the open mouth of the jar and if you stand near and close your eyes you can smell the woodland floor.
Small paper hearts hang from the twigs and tomorrow I will be finishing off the individual table decorations - vintage miss-matched china jugs, cups and sauces will be filled with snowdrops, catkins, rosemary and eucalyptus sprigs, twigs and moss.

They are destined for an afternoon tea hen do - I hope the weather plays nicely..... Storm Eunice you are not invited.
•,¸,.•´`•.,••,¸,.•´`•.,••,¸,.•´`•.,•

 

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely calm and relaxing post. I love mismatched vintage China for an afternoon tea. Hope Eunice doesn’t cause you too much trouble. My mum and sister have gone to Bude in north cornwall today … glad they weren’t leaving it till tomorrow. Stay safe 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol - I am trying to create a better 'quality' of calm for myself and it seems to be working!
      The weather is atrocious today and it did make working (and driving) rather difficult - fortunately I am home now with a mug of tea and a dozy dog in front of the fire (again!)

      Delete
  2. You've painted a picture of a very calm household!
    Let's hope Eunice doesn't spoil anyone's fun today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eunice fortunately didn't spoil anything but she did make it rather 'interesting' to say the least! 😬😂 Glad to be home now x

      Delete
  3. Your woodland arrangement looks great. How big is the green container? Looks large. Really horrid out there now and I too am glad to be home! No walking for me today!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is a large carboy demijohn apparently from the 1960's. It makes quite good statement! It has been rather windy hasn't it!!

      Delete
  4. That china looks exquisite! And the arrangement is lovely even before the additino of snowdrops and ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll be sharing photos of the finished arrangements - the ivy and snowdrops were definitely the flourish!

      Delete
  5. I'm sure it will be very beautiful & as long as that storm stays away, a lovely setting for the event. Please stay safe, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storm roaring as I type - it has been quite a wild ol' day indeed!

      Delete
  6. I always think a selection of non matching china cups are so pretty. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful, I love your display and the mismatched china. I do hope the weather did not stop the gathering going ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was touch and go when it was snowing but now it has cleared and the gathering on!

      Delete
  8. Love that vintage china. The demijon looks wonderful used as a vase. I'm looking forward to seeing the next lot of photographs showing it all finished and spring like. 🦴🧡😃 xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.