Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

24/02/2022

Snow work

 'A snow day' was decreed by the boss and after cancelling today's volunteers - I have been working from home today. I am on with a photo-project for an exhibition in the event room at work. Over the course of a year I have taken at least a gazillion photographs and as part of an upcoming event some of the images are to be used as part of the display. 

Have you ever tried to narrow down said gazillion images to a select few? I eventually managed to choose 125 - sectioning them into seasons - then took them into work for a further pruning.  Well, that didn't happen either! 

So this morning I spent a fair bit of time turning all 125 images into montages, hopefully capturing the essence of the garden, the seasons, the weather and the fun (and hard work). I now have 20 montages which is a much more manageable amount to display. 

They will hang alongside empty seed packets, vintage and children's tools as well as sketch plans for a new ornamental flower bed to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee. I think - if I can make it work - I will create a kokedama or two and add a couple of seasonal wreaths (a festive one for the winter section and an 'eastery' one for the spring zone) all of which will hang off branches attached to the walls. Well I can't say I have a boring job now can I!?๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿ”จ

Right, I'll finish my lunch then get on with some garden designing - will be lovely doing good old fashioned paper and pencil type work! 

Enjoy the rest of your week xxx

11 comments:

  1. Your question of narrowing down made me think of both happy things- graduation posters, and sad funeral posters, trying to capture the life events. I can imagine your project is so hard to choose the best representation of the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes analyse what is important and worthy of sharing and keeping - it was harder than I thought it would be, but the end result has been worth it and I am pleased :)

      Delete
  2. Can't really have a hail day can we? Maybe next week we will get some snow...just a little bit would be nice...not too much you understand! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can!
      Failing that - snow will have to do :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Kate, I know this exhibit will be amazing & I do wish I could come and see. I hardly use my camera anymore due to all the world mayhem & it getting me down, but I too have lots of photos from previous times. Hope all goes well & we get to see a lot of it on your blog & don't stress too much either. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I use my camera to make me look, make me see and it makes me appreciate. I find it a tool as well as inspiration - it makes me see that there is good and beauty. Why don't you try using your camera again? No one has to see what you take unless you choose to share it :)

      Delete
  4. This post really resonated with me as I read it on the day I was trawling through my own digital photo library, trying to tidy it up a bit. Like you I take loads of photos of everyday stuff and never like to discard a decent photo … when blogging you just never know when a cheesecake or random pretty flower photo might come in handy. Your collages look fabulous ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. The montages look lovely although I do know how difficult it would have been to narrow down your many photos to an acceptable level. The preparations for the exhibition sound interesting, I hope everything goes to plan when the time comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics are gorgeous. It will be quite a display!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy as usual! Love your collages and I learnt a new word kokedama. Can't wait to see your one.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your collages. I know how hard it is to select photographs to keep. Look forward to seeing your Jubilee plans and finished garden. ๐Ÿงก xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.