Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

15/12/2022

A blue sky day

 There are rituals around this time of the year that call to me.

This particular one - the village card delivery walk - has so many precious memories linked with it and they filled my head and heart as I walked with Moss while we dropped off cards. I think that this is the first year that I have been on my own - most of my pack are working or away so it was up to myself and Moss to fly the flag today.

We both wrapped up, well I wrapped us both warmly. I ignored the snarky side eye and exaggerated sighs from the dog as I lashed her into her harness to make sure her green fleecy 'jimjams' stayed snug. She is not a regular wearer of dog attire but with the temperatures as low as they are at the moment and with our route being a fair bit of trudging through icy fields and lanes - I ignored the irritated eye rolls and buckled a fidgety dog into her outdoor gear.

There was something familiar and comforting in following the route we'd used since we first moved into the village. I stopped and breathed in the icy air - great lungful's of the bitterly sharp stuff making myself cough and my eyes water - took a moment to recover. Moss did give me a bit of a concerned look then sped off skittering and slipping on the ice with such a silly grin on her face leaving me gasping and wheezing and laughing.

The sky is a brilliant blue - one that fills my heart with such joy.

We're back now, most of the cards delivered, one or two still to write, but with a snoring dog and a steaming mug of tea there is a gentle feeling of satisfaction that this year and with this little ritual completed that small moments like these are worth treasuring.

I have not gone, I am still about, I just needed space to breathe. Sometimes simple things in life just seem to sparkle and I had felt to have lost that spark - I am hoping it has returned.




28 comments:

  1. That's so strange, I was only thinking of you yesterday and even checked your blog to see if I'd missed an update and then, up you pop! I'm delighted to see you, Moss and your beautiful photography again. I hope that sparkle of yours is here to stay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did hesitate about returning then suddenly it felt right to type a few words and do a bit of a gentle catch up and I am very glad that I have x

      Delete
    2. Good to see your words again xx

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have you back, thanks for letting me know.

    I hope you continue to feel better, gain more sparkle, find joy and the words to express how you feel. And if you don't, that's OK too.

    Looks like it was a lovely walk and I suspect dilly dog soon forgave you for the ignonimity of having to wear clothes 🐾 πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Jayne, early days but almost overwhelmed with the kindness shown that I have popped back in ❤️Just wait until I share the photo of Moss togged up in today's outfit - we have a short but icy event in the park and kitchen garden and we are as over dressed as each other (I can't bend with the amount of woolly layers on!)

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have you back, we all need a bit of breathing space sometimes , your wintery walk looks bracing ! Our dog hates his coat as well, but he’s fine wants it’s on . Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's the same with Moss, torture to put it on, fine to play out and be warm! (like a toddler TBH!)πŸ˜†❄️

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely tradition. Sparkle brightly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall definitely try to sparkle! thank you ❄️🌟

      Delete
  5. Welcome back. Lovely to see you. What a glorious sky but hasn’t it been cold πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes - it has been ❄️❄️❄️❄️ cold!! ☃️πŸ˜†

      Delete
  6. So lovely to see a post pop up & what an amazing sky. You'd think we'd have those at this time of year, but still way too cool for the usual summer lead up to Christmas. I'll probably do my "court" card drop off today, as I've not felt very festive myself & I usually supply a punnet of blueberries to some as well, but they are taking a long time to ripen. Thanks for posting, take care & big hugs from down under.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, take care of yourself and have a good Christmas - a gentle and kind one x

      Delete
  7. How nice to see a post from you and the lovely Moss, It sounds like a beautiful day.
    Best wishes to you all for Christmas and the hew year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ❤️ and all the best to you and yours too xx

      Delete
  8. Winter skies can surprise with their intensity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that too! Especially after a spell of the grey stuff, the contrast is incredible!

      Delete
  9. Well, I left a comment or then again perhaps I did not..... What I did say was I recognised where your card delivering walk took you. Naughty Moss not wanting her coat on. Just loving the recent frosty weather; it's beautiful but I'm ignoring how cold it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did leave a comment on the walk1000 page - but it is lovely to see you here too - naughty Moss indeed.
      It has been super chilly when I go to work in the mornings -4.5 to -7 deg c - where is summer when you need her!?!

      Delete
    2. I've ordered a heat wave for 2023 but with the postal strikes etc, I'm not sure when it will arrive.... xx

      Delete
  10. Welcome back...I hope your sparkle turns into a right good twinkle! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so happy to see your post and hear about you. And that silly dog Moss. I love your photos and I can just imagine the side eye she gave you but I bet she was glad for the extra warmth. Take care and have a happy season.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon 😊 as soon as Moss was outside, all the indignities of having those added layers were forgotten, have a lovely festive season too x

      Delete
  12. Good to see you and Moss again , looked a lovely walk for making deliveries. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon - it was, despite the bitter chill - a lovely day for the card walk :D x

      Delete
  13. I have been a bit behind on blog land recently, but lovely to see you are doing some beautiful wintry post. Is it just my eyes, or is there snow falling on the screen?! Stay warm & have a wonderful Christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.