Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

20/12/2022

Wreath making🎄

During the first weekend of December we gathered around newspaper covered tables and we crafted many wreaths.  For ourselves, for friends, for colleagues and for family. 
Food was shared and there was so much - the table groaned beneath plates and despite our best efforts, the left overs were shared out and sent home to be eaten later.
By the end of a wonderful day of cutting, snipping, chatting, eating, tying and tweaking, between the ten of us we had made 15 wreaths.  Our home smelt gloriously of wood and pine - quite heady and spicy.

Then, later, once our guests had gone, the house quiet, left over foliage and fripperies put away we cradled mugs of tea and toasted our toes in front of the fire.
It had been a good day, a very good day, made the more special as we'd not been able to celebrate wreath making for the previous two years and it was wonderful being able share food and friendship once again ❤️❄️🎄

21 comments:

  1. I love making our wreath every year and it's so nice to have made something yourself, this is a lovely Christmassy post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you🎄❤️ I agree, so satisfying to make and I love that 99% can be foraged or recycled and what I really like - is being able to make them (with love) for a few folk

      Delete
  2. I'd like to try wreath making. It's on my list post retirement, but we'll see if I ever pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so simple and gives such a wonderful end product - I make them all year round, one of my favourite things to craft ❤️

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wreath making day once again & they are all gorgeous. I've missed these little titbits in blogland over the last few years & glad to see things are resuming for some people. Take care, stay warm & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!
      Your card arrived today thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Great fun and best done as a group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree - it is definitely a communal event in our house 😊 it also heralds the start of the festive season for us too

      Delete
  5. Great fun and best done as a group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look lovely. I had a go this year , a lovely lady ran a course at a local social club. So I have a handmade one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊it very satisfying making your own festive wreath x

      Delete
  7. Like GZ says, a lovely activity to share with a like-minded group. Wonderful wreathes and some very pretty nibbles, too! We've just had a fresh delivery of logs but fortunately it's delightfully mild today so the wood burner isn't ablaze! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our burner, it gives a different kind of heat, makes the house lovely and cosy. Our weather must be cooler than yours as we have had the burner going for quite a while now ❄️❄️

      Delete
  8. These times are so important aren't they! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful wreaths Kate! Sounds like a wonderful day. This is making me feel very Christmassy :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lulu - it was a good day and definitely kick starts the festive season for me x

      Delete
  10. The wreaths look so pretty! What a great day!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie - I love that every year so many lovely wreaths are made and hung on our doors in the village :) x

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had a great day; can't believe it's been 2 years.... I bet that pile of iced stars did not last long! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thoughtful idea. I do love a fresh wreath. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.