Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

28/03/2022

Dog days of (not quite yet) summer!

 Our view on Saturday morning was utterly sublime....

Clutching a mug of tea looking towards the small hamlet of Sunderland in the early morning chill whilst still curled up in bed in the van - was wonderful.

We'd gone up to Lancaster to collect Youngest's goods and chattels as it is end of term. We decided to go the night before so we could wake up and breathe in the cool coastal air during a quick walk before lifting and shifting. Moss was almost besides herself with excitement when she realised where she was!

We walked through the sleepy village down to the 'basin' where a pair of swans were quietly swimming in the draining harbour. The tide was on it's way out exposing the mud flats making boats appear to be resting and giving plenty of space for birds as they looked for breakfast.
Moss kept 'accidently' falling into puddles both briny or filled with mud - she was certainly enjoying her day out!
We were not too bothered as we knew that on the returning path, she could throw herself (and she does) into the canal basin and rinse off the mud. It was so picturesque and still so quiet - it was a glorious start to our morning.

Once back at the van, she was ruffled dry with her towel by then it was time to go off to Lancaster to meet Youngest.

more to follow xxxx


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If she could do this every day - it would be her perfect life indeed!

      Delete
  2. A lovely start to the day and one very happy dog. I've just realised that it's three years since I 'discovered' Sunderland and wrote about its history on my blog - time to go back for a revisit I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading that post - I can't believe it was three years ago! We rather like that hamlet - so much history to it. I'd like to go back for another investigation - will have to be on a day when we are not being removal assistants!

      Delete
  3. Oh Moss...I'm sure they say that dogs can't smile...but they do...they really do. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky dog - you are doing something right by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a lovely dog :) her pleasure is so palpable :)

      Delete
  5. Moss is the perfect antidote to some aspects of this sad world. More Moss stories and I don't mind how muddy she gets! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is - her heart is so full of love it makes our world that much better xxx

      Delete
  6. Hahaha, Moss is giving David Hasselhoff (Baywatch era) a run for his money! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness you said David Hasselhoff not Pamela Anderson - poor dog would not be able to swim in that red cozzie!!!

      Delete
  7. Your penultimate photo of Moss is such a delight - pure doggy joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sunderland Point, such a interesting place steeped in history. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.