Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

29/03/2022

Saturday part 2 - banging!

Continuing on from Dog Days Saturday - we met up with Youngest, he and his lovely girl were still sorting out the last of their plants so we stopped and had a mug of tea with them. Suddenly I could feel a migraine or rather - I noticed I'd lost my sight in my left eye - so after taking tablets immediately - I took Moss and Himself for a highspeed walk - over the years I have worked out that walking hard and fast as soon as I can helps reduce the intensity of my migraine which then helps reduce the length I then have the headache for. (In the past I have had them up to 72 hours). 

We don't know the outskirts of Lancaster so the walk was an adventure with plenty to discover. We headed upwards towards Williamson Park - a very prominent feature with the Ashton Memorial at it's highest point. Himself made sure I was safe and pointed out things I could not see clearly.
By the time we'd yomped our way up to the monument I could see again and only had the sparkles (aura) around the outside of my eye. We kept up the pace - Moss thought this was great at first as she is a speedy walker however when she realised we were walking past all the water features at the same speed she was a little miffed!
It was a glorious day with such blue skies and the grounds were filled with relaxed families sitting in the sunshine. The monument itself was hosting a wedding and there were a couple of vintage cars all bedecked with flowers and ribbons. I would have taken a photo but just as I was about to all the bridesmaids appeared and Himself felt it was a bit intrusive.
We walked up and round then back down to Youngest's house and by the time we'd returned I'd managed to shake the aura and get my vision back - another big drink of water and I'd managed to beat back the pesky headache - thank goodness! We still needed to fill the van with Youngest's goodies and he planned to take us for lunch at a rather excellent Indian takeaway - but that adventure is for another post 😊🐾

16 comments:

  1. Oh, that blue sky! It has been a while since I've visited Williamson Park, but you've tempted me to return.
    I'm glad you didn't suffer too badly with your migraine. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very taken by Williamson park - would like to go back, did not realise it had the butterfly house, waterfall, loads of trails, cafe etc so would like to go back and explore more thoroughly :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you managed to beat your migraine into submission. We’ve often seen the memorial on the hill from the motorway when heading for the lakes … lovely to see it a bit closer up 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol - yes it is an obvious landmark and can be seen from miles away!

      Delete
  3. Blue skies, blossom and a happy dog! I love the look of Williamson Park, that domed building is marvellously grand.
    So glad you shook off that nasty migraine.
    Jon's just made a paneer madras, my face is on fire! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having not seen it before apart from a distance away (it is very visible from a long way off) it was good to (sort of) see it - certainly going to go back and have a better look :) You made me chuckle at the thought of Jon's paneer madras induced face fire!

      Delete
  4. I actually know of someone who is getting married there next year.
    Glad you sorted your migraine. I used to suffer from them though they have disappeared ( touchwood) and had to immediately go and lie down in a dark room. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an impressive venue indeed! I found if I lay down in a dark room the migraine would just not budge.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you got your migraine sorted. I don't often have a headache but when I do it gets quite intense if I don't take some paracetamol as soon as it starts, so I'd hate to have a full blown migraine. I've been meaning to go to Williamson Park for ages - I did try once three summers ago but couldn't find anywhere to park and the nearby streets were absolutely full of cars so I gave up and went to Morecambe instead. Your photos are lovely and are tempting me to try again in a month or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We parked in the outskirts of the town and walked up to the monument - it was rather lovely finding all the little places that most folk dont see :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you managed to minimise your migraine. I had a bit of one when I was at Uni and I don't fancy any more. Beloved used to have them regularly but after a few years with me, he rarely got any! I've seen that building when we've driven through Lancaster and I would like to visit. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible aren't they?
      It is worth a visit - if you do ever go that way, see if you can go and have an explore :)

      Delete
  7. You poor love, do you know what triggers an attack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear J xx I have my main culprits - bananas, red wine (both which I avoid like the plague), strong smells like diesel, turps, petrol, certain oil based paints - which I often have no choice to have breathed in before realising what I have done - but on this occasion - don't know what it was. possibly not enough water to drink the day before (dehydration does it to me too) but - one of those things xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful blossoms! Glad you are feeling better. I never used to get migraine it's just these last couple of years that I get them occasionally. It is usually triggered by the Air Con heating or the car heater and like you the smell of petrol. I take a paracetamol straight away and that usually sorts it. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being on a quick trip to Sydney means I've missed these posts, but seems like you've had another adventure & with lots of lovely photos again. Hope the headache didn't come back & you enjoyed the rest of the journey. I didn't take any photos whilst away, it raining lots and the van on the back when travelling means you can't always pull over for a good photo shot.........hmmmm! Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.