Dish of the Day.
- Take one gloriously sunny spring Saturday
- Add one husband, walking boots and a flask of tea
- Omit two teenagers (deposit one at his Saturday job and the other with the Girlfriend)
- Go to Kirkby Lonsdale **
- Arrive early, before the hordes of day trippers
- Wander through gloriously quiet sunny streets
- Find a lovely bakery with an unexpected tea-room at the back and sample their most delicious wares - yum yum
- Return to same bakery a little later and purchase something for lunch by the river
- Pop into shops that give you a serious case of the 'wanties'
- Drool over yarns and wools and patterns
- Fall in love with a lime green scarf, speckled with indigo flowers and acid yellow tendrils
- Walk along the River Lune, breathe in the fresh spring air
- Steep gently as you follow the paths through rolling green fields
- Sit in sunshine and slurp tea appreciatively while sand martins scream and weal over the river
- Skip over puddles and bumble through villages
finally return to the car, still in drenched in the welcome sunshine.
- Collect various sons from various location on return journey
- On reaching home, stick the kettle on, stoke up the fire and watch the snow flurries as they fall.
What a way to to end the day with generous servings of Sunshine and Snow!
**Please follow the link for Kirky Lonsdale and watch the 2ish minute video, it shows everything beautifully - a lovely lovely little rural town.