Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

06/09/2021

Jump

 This morning I had a bit of a 'leap of faith' moment.

As so many of you have mentioned - crafting or creating seems to have slipped out of our fingers and there are unfinished wips, half done sketches, uncompleted knits or waiting to be frogged items sitting shamefacedly in cupboards or in bags hoping to see the light of day.

At work we are building up towards .... (I can't believe I am even discussing this seasonal event which shall remain nameless) .... so I have been ordering ribbons, bells, dried fruit, cones and coloured twine for the many workshops we will be holding.  We will also be hosting a small festive (oh bugger that word slipped through the filter grrrr) fayre which means I have been making stuff.

Herein lies my leap of faith.  

I was unsure if I could actually make my gardening brain and hands turn back to an art-head and fingers and after a bit of hesitation and a bucket of coffee - I have been busy. 

I am hoping that this small step will be what breaks that mojo wall.

And you?

How are you doing?

Have you managed to get some crafting done? - I hope so, because, if you are anything like me - there has been a crafting shaped hole inside of me and I need to fill that ache it is leaving.


Have a good week xxxx

15 comments:

  1. I like the sound of your workshops, those little jars are fab. I'm still knitting, not finishing much but the rest of my creativity has disappeared, my poor art journal is very neglected...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that feels, but since I picked up my crochet hook a couple of weekends ago, my creativity feels to be making tentative steps back

      Delete
  2. When I became a permanent (not on full hours) staff member at our local College, the incumbent (who was retiring) said I'd have to give up all my crafting work. This was in 1991/92. When I heard this I vowed I'd do some craft work every day and so far I have managed to do this. It might only be 10 minutes but.... keep the faith! I like the look of your new creations and I'm sure they can be adapted for any week of the year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is some determination! Some days i don't even have the ommfph to think "creatively" about that night's meal!

      Delete
  3. Itching to get back to things but Life, The Universe and Everything gets in the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is September after all. I'm sure the F word will be in frequent use before very long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🙄😂yup, just a few short weeks before the shops start they're sensory overload...!

      Delete
  5. got lots of WIPs but cannot get anything finished including songs or practice ... oh dear ... glad to hear it's universal. Love the wee bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending hugs - not sure if that helps - but sending them any way! xx

      Delete
  6. I have been sewing masks for my grands as all of their schools require them. I'm crocheting dishcloths and I've cut some leftover fabric that will hopefully become lap quilts this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My crafting mojo is not back yet … though there are projects buzzing around my head. I seem to be spending all my free time in the garden at the moment … slowly starting to wind it down for the year. I’m hoping that inspiration will hit me soon 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my creative energy is taken up by gardening - so I completely understand. Also hoping that as gardening takes a back step I'll be more creative again :)

      Delete
  8. The little jars are very pretty. I have a crafting date with myself this weekend (hopefully) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.