Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

14/09/2021

Saturday was for adventure

When we woke up on Saturday morning to a purring cat, little did I think that by lunch time I would be looking at this view......

Zeb in the sunshine at the top of the Shap Pass on the way to Southern Scotland. We stopped for a brew, a leg stretch and a piddle stop for Moss. Nursing almost unbearably too hot to hold mugs of tea, we noisily slurped as we let our eyes rest on the distant horizons. Then once drunk and Moss had played happily in the moorland grass, we all climbed back into the cab and headed for our first stop for the night. Drumburn Viewpoint. 

Himself reversed the van up into our parking spot and we threw the back doors open - to this!

A sea that went on forever, meeting the sky then vanishing to a point my eye could not reach. I filled my head and heart with heartbreakingly beautiful shades of blue and gold, pinks and silvers. I could just about taste the tang of the salt on the air.

The tide was on the turn and quietly filled the bay with colours of quick silver and metallic blues just as the sun was going down behind us, deepening the shades with blacks and magentas. It was a feast for the senses. 

We sat in silence as we ate, taking in the spectacle, listening to the coastal birds, watching the unfolding scene before us. If we spoke it was almost in hushed tones. We stayed mesmerised until it was too dark and even then we could not close the door, choosing to go to bed with it open for as long as we could stay awake.



In the morning we were awoken by a golden sunrise and as we did not want to miss one second of the beauty, we quickly put the kettle on and still wrapped in the duvet we gazed at the increasingly golden bands of sky and deep blue cloud.
Eventually hunger drove us to make breakfast and refill our mugs and continue to absorb the morning light.

We had to drag ourselves away from our snug viewing spot - there was a walk on Himself's to-list waiting for us and both he and Moss were getting fidgety. Time to fill the flask and pack a picnic for the day ......

to be continued ......
 





17 comments:

  1. We are heading south ourselves tomorrow...might come across you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I am back at work, normality has a heavy hold, but will be back as soon as we can😊

      Delete
    2. Give us a shout when you head back north!

      Delete
    3. Will do! Could meet at Phil's Laurieston Gallery😊

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ooh such envy! This area is one of my absolute favourite places❤️

      Delete
  3. Stunning photos. I could almost smell the sea air. I like the look of your breakfast too! Can't wait for Part 2. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lovely Lady 😊 Breakfast was croissants and butter with copious amounts of tea and sunrise!

      Delete
  4. Just wow! Looks like an amazing trip πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. I'm very envious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place - and I am, more often than not, very envious of your posts πŸ’—πŸ’—

      Delete
  6. I love those big open skies. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Now that's the way to have breakfast :) Lulu x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.