Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

04/09/2021

memories

I  usually don't share photos of me - or if I do - it's an 'artfully' done shot without 'me' in it. However, when Eldest sent me this photograph from last year, it brought back so many memories.

It was during the lockdown - the first one, when the streets were empty and we kept behind our doors. The one that the boys came home and brought their girls and we became a bubble and the house and garden our entire world.

A time when a small and injured grey squirrel kit rescued our summer. We learnt to sew (and in my case reminded myself how to sew) and we crocheted, knitted and bonded.

It was the summer that the boys found work at a horticultural wholesalers which had managed to persuade the powers that be that their business was an essential one and should be open - well that was genius because as a nation gardening suddenly became our saviour. The boys have never worked so hard - so physically hard before loading potting soil, canes, plastic pots and the like into waiting vans ready to fill that need the nation had discovered.

This picture - of me, sitting on the floor in the sun - was a small moment in our own precious small world during a world wide event. 


Thank you Eldest for capturing that moment xxxxx


15 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and memories from a time we will all remember for many years.. Thanks for sharing. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - as I said to Debi - a bitter sweet time x

      Delete
  2. A beautiful photograph and sweet memories during a difficult time. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi x it was a bitter sweet time x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely photo. I have to say during the first Lockdown we just took up the drawbridge and carried on as usual, only with food deliveries. We went for long walks, gardened, sewed and the only fly in the ointment was when Lockdown lifted enough and people came to view our house as we were on the market. That did not feel so safe!

    Amazing that gardening became a nation's panacea for stress and worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that if felt rather uncomfortable being with folk again - still is to a certain degree. And as for gardening - there seems to have been such a resurgence of 'returning to the land' even if it is just gardening in pots or on a balcony - definitely good for the soul 💚

      Delete
  4. A photo and time to cherish

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely photo and whilst it was strange and difficult year for lots of people there was certainly lots of good to be found. Our garden was our saviour I think … it kept us occupied, exercised, relaxed and chilled out. At times it almost felt like being on a retreat … just us 😃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top marks to Eldest; it's a beautiful photo. So glad you felt able to share it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eldest has captured a special quiet moment there, made all the better with a cuppa :) Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have an eye for taking good photos - his preference is for analogue cameras which is why we've only just seen the images now - he had to wait till he filled his film before he could send it off to be developed - how retro is that?!

      Delete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.