Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

26/12/2021

Baby it's cold outside ☃๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

There's been snow over night - a soft wet slush and the garden is full of the sound of rain dripping and sloppy snow dropping off the trees. There is a bitter damp chill to the air - the sort that makes you pull your coat tighter around you and your toes curl with the cold.

Christmas, just like that, was over with a blink of an eye - this year is will continue to be a gentle spread out affair, the meal was on the eve, then my folks, Youngest, pressies and a shared lunch on the day. Now, during twixtmas, Eldest and his girlfriend and Youngest's girlfriend will return (restrictions and isolations permitting) and they'll find their gifts under the tree. A good excuse to make brownies, share stories and sip warm drinks around the fire with the family.

Himself, as I type, is in the kitchen making 'Sunshine Soup' - a butternut based thick and warming soup that we'll have for lunch. The scent of sautรฉing onions has drifted into the dining room where I am working and is rather enticing.

I'm painting - a birthday commission - won't show just yet as it is a surprise but I will share the first step ....

So, that is today in a nutshell, a quiet day at home, gently doing simple things which I have to say, I am rather enjoying and the best of it all? The complete lack of inane festive songs and jingles on the radio - aaahhh, yes bliss!


Hope your day is as kind and as loving xxxxxxxx


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and a perfect winter chill day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was - a lovely down time day until it all kicks off again when the kids come back home (cue everyone testing like mad!)

      Delete
  3. The snow was rather pathetic looking. It did not brighten the day at all. It was just dull and damp and boring! We need proper snow.... or not for those who have to work and travel! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being just that little higher up the hill, the road outside was quite slippery first thing and I was very glad I wasnt driving! We still have snow patches in the garden today!

      Delete
  4. Yes, its been a real wind down day here too with happy memories of Christmas spent with our family.๐Ÿฆด๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŽ… xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twixtmas can be either a dreary time or a really quiet and recuperative time - I prefer to go for the latter!

      Delete
  5. The joy of 6Music, no inane Xmas hits or ju=ingles, amen to that!
    I'm glad you had a lovely day, I saw that you'd had snow up North. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with 6 music - sooo much better, most of our snow has been washed away apart from a few 'icebergs' which had fallen off the glasshouse roof and remain like dying snowmen (what an image!)

      Delete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.