Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

07/12/2021

Red sky in the morning ....

Shepherd's warning - Red sky at night... Shepherd's delight.

The sky first thing was a rather startling pink and as I sipped a mug of tea I watched the pink slide rapidly upwards then vanish almost immediately. The sky darkened as Storm Barra arrived with a bang - it ripped through the village making the trees howl as they lost the last few remaining leaves they'd held on to. I worked briefly in the morning - regretting the decision and managed to hold on for an hour before I blew home dripping wet and frozen handed.

It took a couple of mugs of tea, a warmed mincepie and a change of fleece and socks before I began to feel human again and buoyed up enough to go back out and do a bit of shopping. I was was glad to get back home though - Barra was not for playing nicely at all.
In the afternoon, after I'd completed a few unescapable chores, I persuaded Himself that today would be the last day I would have time to put up the tree, before December melted into an unruly mix of work and festive get togethers, family and friends.

So, tonight, sitting watching 'Winter Walks with...' I keep looking over to the now dressed tree - I've tried to be more 'Scandi' than my usual style and I rather like the simple charm of stars and lights and nothing else.

So, apart from the tree there is only the wreath on the door and I like the simplicity of it all.

Meanwhile Barra continues to howl and thump around the house. Think it is time for a brew - stay safe and stay warm if Storm Barra is keeping you company tonight xxx

13 comments:

  1. Your tree is so pretty. I love the stars.
    It's much quieter outside this morning. I think the storm has blown over now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) When I read your comment first thing this morning - the storm was in full howl, I replied then but for some reason blogger refused to publish - so trying again! It has done nothing but rain and blow all day - ready for it to 'blow off' now!!

      Delete
  2. Treebeard looks lovely :-)

    (so do mince pies gently warming on your woodburner!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (on both accounts) and they were tasty!

      Delete
  3. I too like the simplicity of your tree and am still pondering on ours. Do hope you didn't have too much damage from your storm. Ours don't get named unless it is a cyclone up north, but we've had some doozies lately & the northeast of our state is in for some major flooding again over the weekend. It's certainly not felt much like summer even though it is now December. 16deg here yesterday & raining again this morning. Don't work yourself to exhaustion, relax a little, stay warm & safe. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - storm not as nasty as the previous but still thousands of homes lost their electricity - this time in Ireland. Still blowing and raining now but it is lessening at last. I am fully booked now til the last Friday before the 24th - then I can relax :)

      Delete
  4. I like the simplicity of your tree and the stars are lovely. I think the storm has just about gone from here now, it's calm, sunny and not nearly as cold as before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eunice x and yes finally as I type this - we've had a calm and cool day and it has been such a relief!

      Delete
  5. Treebeard is looking good. Sometimes simple is the best. Thankfully no wind today nor rain. Gosh we have had too much of both of these lately but compared to many other people, we have been lucky!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely Lady (I saw you and Beloved walking home as I drove home today - nice hat missus!) so glad the storm has stormed off - had enough, but as you say - luckily we did not get hit too badly.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for a vote for my new hat! Another bonkers project but fun, when I eventually got it to fit. It seemed warm enough for today but colder weather will test it properly. xx

      Delete
  6. Love Treebeard's decorations this year. He gently is getting bigger each year. Look forward to seeing him. Glad too that Barra has long gone and we were lucky here and did not lose our electricity or water as you did in the village. xx ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿงก๐Ÿฆด

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! What a beautiful Scandi style tree. I like your method of warming mince pies. The red sun rise is wonderful (and I like your stain glass very much) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.