Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

12/12/2019

Salt dough ho ho ho

Not sure what has happened but suddenly (after a brief hiatus) 
my chrimbly crafting mojo has kicked in. 
I say 'brief' but I suspect it has been at least three or four years 
I have felt as if wading against the incoming tide through every December. 
Today I am making salt dough decorations. The oven is full of stars, fir trees and stockings gently drying. Later today when they have cooled I will paint and varnish them.
 I can not believe the pleasure I got from the making and baking of this (big) kid friendly craft.
But now I am back finishing off my stock for the final Christmas fayre of the year. 
So there are drift wood santas waiting for a final coat of paint on the back half of them, 
little wooden tree decorations waiting to be bagged up. 
Hand printed wrapping paper waiting for a final drift of festive stamps being added - 
it is a bit like Santa's grotto in here today! 

 Don't forget tomorrow will be 'Five on Friday - Gratitude', 
I'll add the link up button at the bottom of my post - 
till then - have a lovely Thursday!




8 comments:

  1. Hooray for getting in the mood!!!!

    "Good King Wenceslas looked out
    On the feast of Stephen,
    When the snow lay round about
    Deep and crisp and even."

    ♬ 🎶 ♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Fayre goes well, and the weather is kind and doesn't keep people away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy again..but we are feeling relief at being away from it, even if here is full of santa and Christmas reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you mojo has come back. Loving your crafts and hope that your fayre goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful to all your makes. One clever lady. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your handmade item are absolutely gorgeous, especially the last ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your driftwood Santas...how lovely! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.