Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

22/05/2016

Blah blah blah sigh...

Life has a habit of getting in the way of blogging.
Stories run through my head and I think - that would be great to share
only to find I am too tired at the end of the day or busy right up to bed time.

So, what have we been getting up to when not at school or work?
Well, we have a couple of small furry people staying with us for their holidays.
They are funny and happy little hairy folk 
with simple pleasures
and waggy tails.

I have tickled hairy chins
and rubbed knobbly heads
and we've dodged heavy showers
and enjoyed warm sunshine.

Oh, we've done more that this, but it is normal day to day boring routine essential stuff,
you know the stuff I mean
shopping
cleaning
watering plants
blah blah blah


Just a reminder and an update for May's Scavenger Photo-hunt.  Jak and Lovely Lady have been rather organised and already forwarded their photos and stories, Eldest has been handicapped by lack of camera - his has gone in for a service and has been having to use mine. I am still searching for 'path' as the one I'd mentally put aside isn't 'doing it for me' ... hhmmmmm. Need to wrestle my camera from Eldest's grubby little mits! 

Now, for the reminder - a photograph inspired by a word, words inspired by the photos.
  1. Path
  2. Hairy
  3. Edible
  4. Small
  5. Poem
  6. Hands
  7. Vintage
  8. Shadows
  9. View from a window
  10. My own choice
Remember to think laterally, interpret as YOU fancy, be it a current photo or a favourite one from your past. We'll reconvene and post our words and photos from Friday 27th May -  have fun, enjoy!

  1. Lovely Lady - Thread through my Life
  2. Jak
  3. Eldest
  4. Susan- Granny Smith's Quilting
  5. Eileen T - In my playroom
  6. Jackie - Winters End Rambler
  7. Kezzie - KezzieAG
  8. Julie  -Julie's Scrapbook
  9. Tess - Driftwood
  10. Sustainablemum
  11. gz - "ook?!"
  12. Ellie - This Country Girl's Journal
  13. Amanda - Graham's Landing
  14. And You? ... Fancy joining in? Please do, just let me know and we'll add you to our snap-happy list :)




8 comments:

  1. Really must try to join in with this. Those goats are so sweet BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pressure? Now I must submit my other photos to you!!! I still can't work out why so much blah blah blah stuff gets in the way of a proper life! Gosh, there is sunshine out there so it might have to be gardening today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is sometimes what a week is like. I've had thoughts for photos, have some already and others eluding me. The weather has been atrocious for taking pics and GD Missy Moo wants to take some too, so sometimes I might have a few extra. She is only 8, but "loves taking ramdom shots". (her words). Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it is all that blah blah blah stuff that is getting to me at the moment. If only, shopping, cleaning and washing could become an insignificant other in this household, then I could knit or crochet more and have the time to write more about it.
    Love the goat is he staying with you too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the boring stuff getting in the way of the more interesting stuff. With quite a few of my post ideas, especially seasonal ones, the moment passes and I decide to do them the following year instead. Your furry friends look to be very pleasant company indeed.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes. The boring essential stuff does have an unfortunate habit of getting in the way of the more enjoyable and frivolous stuff. I like your furry friends. I'm afraid I am bowing out of this months' scavenger hunt as the boring, essential and stressful stuff has got us this last couple of weeks. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Scavenger Hunt blog post is written and scheduled for tomorrow morning! Excited to see what everybody else has done!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry late comment. Forgot to check whist away on holiday. Your holiday dogs will have gone home by now. Hope cats are happy and boys not too sad!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.