Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

26/11/2021

Narrow squeak


Ten days ago or so,  I received an email saying .... congrats your car is insured for another 12 months blah blah blah... don't worry we have only put it up a little blah blah blah ..... etc.

Yes, it had gone up but not a huge amount however, not enough to make me bother to do a bit of 'checking the market dot com' so I filed the email away and got on with my life.

Tonight, whilst checking my emails I saw this ....  bad luck your insurance has been cancelled ...blah blah blah and was cancelled eight days ago blah blah blah (yes - eight days, so two days AFTER the email saying all ok?!?!?)

Cue panic mode! 

After some swift checking the market (Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert is brilliant for this) I found a company that would insure me for less than my initial insurance company AND with extra benefits, Yes please!

Which made Himself and I chat about the 'Road Traffic Cop' programmes you see on TV - when the officers stop a car and pronounce to the driver that they have no insurance, to which the driver will protest vehemently that they do and Himself and I would go 'tut tut, course you don't!'

If I'd been stopped - that would have been me..... 'onest guv - I do 'ave insurance, promise!' and in reality I didn't - eek.

It turns out that since last year's payment, both our bank cards had expired and replaced so we now had new numbers and details and rather than an email saying .... excuse me but we have not been paid coz your details have changed blah blah blah' which would have triggered a quick updating of details - they just cut us off - nice one (not). 

And breathe!


Thank you everyone for your lovely comments - I do appreciate them greatly and I promise tomorrow I will write something a little more recherche rather than a 'panic-induced-due-to-uninsured-car-issue' post!! I am working tomorrow, another wreath making workshop, I will share some photos of the gorgeous wreaths in a day of two. However until then - here is one I'd made as a demonstration to keep you going ๐Ÿ˜Š



Have a lovely weekend xxxxx


#moreblogvember

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a panic. Wretched insurance companies, a law unto themselves. I agree, the should have advised you that there was a problem, not just cut you off. Glad it's all sorted now. You were lucky this weekend. That is a gorgeous wreath. I love it. Hope your wreath demo goes well. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿฆดxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could done without all the angst making before we sorted out replacement cover but the lower price was more than welcome!
      I have made 12 wreaths so far and there are another seven workshops to go (not counting ours!)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got the car re-insured before there was any chance of being stopped by the boys in blue. Not very nice of the original insurance company to cancel your policy in that way though :( I found some brilliant insurance for my van back in June - I've always paid a high premium compared to 'normal' cars as it's a Jap import with a big engine, my previous company (not on price comparison sites) quoted £1,500 to renew this time. However I saw a tv ad for NFU and as we used to have our tractors insured by them years ago I got a quote - £356 with more extras than before. I guess you could say that this little bunny was extremely happy :) Love the wreath by the way, looking forward to seeing photos from your wreath making workshop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a mahooooosive drop in quote ๐Ÿ˜ฎ it makes you wonder where the first company pulled the £1500 from?? - good grief, I thought getting mine for £50 off was good - yours's is amazing!

      Delete
  3. Love the wreath. Thank goodness you managed to get your insurance sorted. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ’— and yes - the relief after we'd had the confirming email saying I was covered was palpable!

      Delete
  4. How strange that they cancelled without saying why but handy that you found a cheaper deal because of it.
    Love the wreath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - apparently the company have recently been bought out my an American company and all sorts of things have happened

      Delete
  5. As usual, it is a lovely wreath. Car insurance, what a palaver. Beloved was surprised your old company emailed to say the policy was cancelled. The joys of getting new cards! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely Lady xxxxx
      The email was a bit snotty - saying that it's been cancelled but dont worry if it was coz we could not afford it that they would be kind enough to come to some sort of arrangement - erm? wot? they could have just said and we would have sorted it asap but it is their loss!

      Delete
  6. I love your wreath! My Mum had the same problem with her house insurance. It was very annoying, especially since she had just got out of hospital and had to spend ages on the phone waiting to talk to someone and get it sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, your poor mum - that was bad timing for her, glad she managed to get it sorted :)

      Delete
  7. I understand how you reacted & it is a pity a lot of things these days aren't "human" generated using someone with brains. Glad it is sorted now. My young intellectually disabled brother has had his phone cut off due to upgrades to the network & I'll be sorting that next week for him. Take care, enjoy your wreath making class of pupils & hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.