Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

03/12/2017

Favourite Christmas Recipe - the alternative advent 3

I put this phrase out to the boys - all three - to see what they came up with.... here they all are!
Eldest - a rich a dark fruit cake
Me - a lighter Dundee marmalade fruit cake
Himself - fruit cake of any variety as long as no alcohol added (now he tells me)
Youngest - Yorkshire puddings with lots of gravy.


Think we may have a wilding among us,
he has always followed the beat of his own drum :) 


Joining in with Julie and her Advent Calendar 2018


10 comments:

  1. I love the fact you each have your own favourite & does it matter what it is? I had to laugh at himself not liking alcohol added!! He'd better not read what I've just put on for that one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely idea to throw throw question out to your family. Your youngest made me smile. The Dundee Marmalade cake sounds wonderful. I bet himself eats the cake alcohol or no alcohol.....

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have a wilding. You can be constantly surprised at their unpredictability. Mine doesn't have a sweet tooth so don't know what he'd say!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fruit cake, you can't have better (and no cheese with it please!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled when I read about your youngest son, bless him.
    I put a fruit cake in the cooker a while ago and it won’t be long until we are enjoying a slice with a cup of tea. I love it when it’s still warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My twowould side with your youngest any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made us both smile. Dear youngest, as you say, lives to the beat of his own drum. Bless him!!!
    No alcohol, what about the port that went in each year? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fruit cake for me I think. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with your youngest on the Yorkies! I'm not a fan of dried fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.