Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

25/10/2021

Blogtober day 25 - do all cats snore?πŸ˜ΈπŸ’€πŸ’€

There is something rather comforting about curling your fingers around a mug when rain clouds are threatening ominously whilst taking on an outrageous yellow hue. The crash of the rain against the window happened moments after I took the photo startling all three of us (cat, dog and I).

Then as quickly as the clouds had accumulated, they rushed off to drench somewhere else and the sun filled the air with the most glorious light - producing a soft pastel shaded rainbow. It did brighten but only fleetingly before fading back into the rain.
Most of today was spent indoors with quick dashes out into the garden for Moss or to check on my succulents in the glasshouse. When I was inside, I was not far from a mug of tea or a cat. The morning soon dissolved while I worked on funding grants and researching historical details - I love delving into facts and following them down the proverbial rabbit hole. 
Talking of 'the cat', Pan has spent most of the day within (at a stretch) arm's length. I find it almost irresistible not to reach over and stroke that luxuriant white floof at regular intervals,  I do have to restrain myself as I know she has a very strict limit.
However this evening, she has, to my delight (although I am keeping the delight inward and going happy squeeeee in my head) chosen to sit next to me on the settee while I type - UNHEARD of!! So, I am brought back to this morning's feeling of comfort with a gently snoring cat next to me, the fire crackling away warmly and the rain - yes the rain (again)  - tap-tapping the window...


Thank you for your lovely comments recently - they too are a delight and they certainly warm my heart xx

What has warmed your heart recently?
Are you still being rained on?
Do all cats snore a whistling reedy little snore?πŸ˜ΈπŸ’€πŸ’€

#blogtober2021

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat. I don't remember my cat snoring, my dog does. We haven't had rain for quite a while, I bet I've jinxed that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dog doesn't snore as such, more dream squeaks and leg flapping, but the cat does have a quite a wispy snore most times, you do need to be fairly close to hear it though!

      Delete
  2. My cat has on occasions had little snore session ,found your blog love reading it thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Milliespaniel - nice to meet you 😊

      Delete
  3. I love that head shot, it's beautiful. Mouse 1 would snore quite often, Mouse 2 - the current one - snores very quietly and briefly just once in a while. She is currently dead to the world on top of the unit on the landing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eunice 😽 Pan has just come in and has 'told me' in no uncertain terms that it is cold and wet outside! S'funny how both our cats come in and make it known they are displeased with the weather and I suspect want us to 'fix' the situation!

      Delete
  4. Daisy thrived as an only child, she would have hated another dog in the house.
    Perhaps Pan is the feline version?
    She has come so far in the past few months, who knows - next year she might make it as far as your lap? 😻 πŸ’š 🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Pan should have been an only princess and should have been from the start, but we are where we are and she is now blossoming. As for a lap - I suspect that is a step too far! I may have to retract that, but for the time being - she is definitely a 'sitting next to you' kinda girl!

      Delete
  5. Can't comment about a cat snoring as we've never really had one; one did adopt us but slept upstairs out of our way! Oh yes, we've had rain and more rain and I'm bored with it; it's only the end of October too... making me smile? The pheasants that come to the kitchen door to be fed; the pheasants that follow us as we drive up to the shed to see them; great to see them racing from all directions as we approach. Priceless. Also having my coffee/brew and watching the birds come to the feeder on the other side of the door; nuthatches of late! Lucky me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your birds are amazing - I am always impressed when I visit :) and I am fed up too with the rain πŸ™„☔

      Delete
  6. You are honoured. Princess Precious Pan (Pandora) is definitely mellowing. Yes, Jak did do little snores too. xx🧑😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relaxing I suspect, not on edge as before. I remember Jak snoring :)

      Delete
  7. My Slinky snores and she sounds like a wonky bagpipe. When Hugo is snoring too both Wil and I look at each other and giggle. Of course we both snore too, so the animals are just fitting in. 🀣

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.