Another silly busy day and once again I am curled up on the settee (with a now empty mug of tea) having just written the work's blog post - so please forgive me for just copying and pasting it in - I don't have the brain power today to be 'witty and wordy' (well, I am not often ever witty, although I know, I can be wordy!)
So here goes ... The Santa's grotto check list....
- Elf on the Shelf ...... ✔ well - two actually - double trouble!
- Garland ...... ✔
- Stockings ...... ✔ (one either side of the roaring fire!)
- Gifts ...... ✔ wrapped and tucked into the stockings
- twinkling lights - on the garland ...... ✔
- More twinkling lights around the room - work in progress
- Festive tree ...... work in progress
- Back drop ...... ✔ well the back drop has been measured and cut, needs a bit of sewing and decorating before it is ready to hang
- Back drop support wires ...... ✔
- Comfy chair for Santa ...... ✔
- Snuggly rug for Santa's tired feet ...... ✔
- Paper tree workshop materials collated and packed ready for next Thursday
- Pebble painting pebbles boxed up, brushes found, paints and paintbrush rising jars collected for the Wednesday session
- Sticky stars, 'gem stone jewels', ribbons, string and scissors sorted
- Origami stars made ...... ✔ well, a start was made, more need to be crafted then we will have such a magical place for Father Christmas's grotto.
It was a bit of full-on day with us all busy getting on and doing things, cutting, snipping, folding, gluing, drawing, measuring, wiring but by lunch the bulk of the grotto set up was done. You may wonder why we are being so early in our preparations - the Garden Team are about to transform into the Chrimbly Craft Team and we need to make sure we are ready to go go go and hit the floor running!
Thank you Molli, Sharon and Dylan for your help and input - I am now going to lie down in a dark corner!🚶🏼♀️🚶🏻♀️🎅🏼🎄🔨
Samhain blessings from our house to yours