Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

06/06/2015

SpringFling #30DaysWild Day 6

Galloway celebrates creativity during the bank holiday weekend by have a county wide open studio event - Spring Fling. We have managed to get around to a few on previous holidays and I really wanted to try again this year.

We visited a couple of galleries - no photos allowed, so you will just have to believe me how good the work was. I mentally bought so many paintings or sculptures and imagined where I would place the works of art. Great fun!

One studio we have visited before and we happily returned to was a willow workshop in Auchencairn. Trevor Leat makes huge supersized organic shapes and human forms. His mythical beasts are amazing as are his magical creatures. A visual delight (and not a little bit of envy on my part in wishing I could make such beautiful willow sculpture) Please do follow this link - he makes amazing works of art.


 

After we had filled our cultural bellies with art, we headed for the hills and found another precious treasure of a different kind - a green space that encourages wild camping and freedom - we spent ages there, exploring hidden corners and revelling in the beauty and calmness we found.




We stayed until dusk - a beautiful end to a lovely day.

I am participating in #30DaysWild Day - making space for nature for the month of June and loving it!

#30DaysWild Days - you can do it too.

3 comments:

  1. The willow sculptures are amazing and I really liked the stag on his website, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That archway is too beautiful. It makes you think.....where does it go to, what will I find if I follow the pathway to the trees beyond? xx
    PS I am still in love with the fox. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing the fox again; thanks for introducing me to more creative people; wish I had more hours in the day to try out all these new skills you delight in dangling in front of me!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.